mounting location of monster tach

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
hey, i got the monster tach sport comp gauge through jegs because it was a killer deal. it came with that gauge and a bracket for water temp, oil pressure and voltage. all mechanical. anyway...im wondering where this mondo tach is gonna fit. it doesnt fit tied to the column. am i gonna go dash pad? if so, how have you guys attached them?

Some guys use the A pillar screw.

I just drilled through the crappy underside of my dash.
DartTach.jpg

Look here too. Hope it works
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...173&Words=tach&topic=&Search=true#Post4529108

i was thinking about right there too....but then i thought where am i going to put my other 3 gauges and im not going to hack up my dash to put those in....so i guess i might have to put that tach on top of the dash board...

and with having that location down there, dart guy, is it a pain to look at the rpms and watch the road?

ep87, that doesnt look bad at all! infact i kinda like that idea...but 45$ is a little pricey mcpricerton dont you think?...maybe i can fab something like that, doesnt look too hard...

I hate to knock peoples products, but I bought a similar dash mount like the one advertised by The Car Farm. I hated it: It would slide out, vibrate, and not to mention scratch the hell outta the top of your dash frame. I would drive my car and the Tach would jump up & down so bad it would hit the windshield!

I made my own that uses a defroster vent as a mounting point. I still need a rubber block under the edge, but it's MUCH sturdier than the stainless steel piece being sold commercially.

Barracuda377-vi.jpg

Barracuda376-vi.jpg

SANY0004-vi.jpg

I routed the wiring under the bracket and into the defroster vent opening.

SANY0006-vi.jpg

thanks fastback good to know especially at that price...i think im gonna try and wedge mine on the column.

-
Back