Mounting msd box

-

downsr

Reaction score
I am wanting to mount my msd box under the battery tray in my 70 duster.Any one have any pics how they did theres.Did you have to remove and leave off the bracket that goes on the battery tray

I mounted my msd box on the driver side fender close to starter relay, I mounted my horns and relay under the battery tray, if you want to see a pic I will send you one,Ed

I have a 68 barracuda and my 6al box is under the battery tray and the bracket that bolts to the inner fender and to the tray itself is in place. I slid ur in under the tray to figure out placement but then had to remove the tray and brace to mount it. Mine mounts with 3 small bolts through the inner fender. One hole in the 6a I could not use. No pics and car is in storage elsewhere so cannot get a picture.

I don't think you can use the larger rubber mounts they sell so I used some smaller width plumbing washers between the 6a and the inner fender. Been running it for years with no problems.

Any one mount it upside down attached to back side of battery tray.That is what i would like to do.If so any pics

Don't mount it upside down. If you do moisture can pool inside because it is not a waterproof housing. The marine version is the only box that is sealed.

-
Back