Mounts for a magnum?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Putting a 5.9/360 Mag in a 65 Valiant

Reading through all of the posts I could find it seems like the Trans-Dapt 4695 mounts only work for 67-72 years, and the factory 273 mounts will work, with a modification for the extra hole and some shims/washers.

Before everyone starts yelling at me for now using the Schumacher mounts, it's simple, I'm trying to keep costs down.

Can't seem to find the 273 mounts, rather when i get a hit, it's just the pads. What am I missing?

Sorry if this belongs in the mag/swap area, but it's early A specific so I figured it was Ok to put here

Last edited:
Early A V8 mounts are what you need. I have a 360 in my 63 and they fit fine. Ill try to post some pictures.

Jake
Putting a 5.9/360 Mag in a 65 Valiant

Reading through all of the posts I could find it seems like the Trans-Dapt 4695 mounts only work for 67-72 years, and the factory 273 mounts will work, with a modification for the extra hole and some shims/washers.

Before everyone starts yelling at me for now using the Schumacher mounts, it's simple, I'm trying to keep costs down.

Can't seem to find the 273 mounts, rather when i get a hit, it's just the pads. What am I missing?

Sorry if this belongs in the mag/swap area, but it's early A specific so I figured it was Ok to put here

Early A V8 mounts are what you need. I have a 360 in my 63 and they fit fine. Ill try to post some pictures.

Jake

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to find by searching for 273 mounts to fit a 65 valiant. I keep getting pictures of just the pads or the TD, or Schumacher units. Thanks.

I think i have a set somewhere. Ill PM you if i get my hands on them.

Jake
Yeah, that's what I've been trying to find by searching for 273 mounts to fit a 65 valiant. I keep getting pictures of just the pads or the TD, or Schumacher units. Thanks.

Search engine mount brackets, the mount is the rubber part, the bracket is what it bolts to. I’m interested though, thinking about putting a V8 in my 63 Dart wagon

Search engine mount brackets, the mount is the rubber part, the bracket is what it bolts to. I’m interested though, thinking about putting a V8 in my 63 Dart wagon

Thanks, I've been trying every permutation of mounts, brackets etc I can think of.

You have 2 choices. Modify a factory set of brackets to fit the 360’s different mounting ears or buy a set of Schumacher conversion mounts.

You have 2 choices. Modify a factory set of brackets to fit the 360’s different mounting ears or buy a set of Schumacher conversion mounts.

Yup, I get that as implied by the original question, and I'm fine modifying factory mounts, the question is, where do I find them? Are all of the 360 brackets for cars the same, are there specific cars I should look for, is there a part number or source for factory style units etc? As much as they are used, it's crazy how hard of a time I'm having locating a set.

here's a question, what makes the trans-dapt units, 67-72 only? other than the "ear" issue, and possibly the "biscuits" what's the difference?

64-66 V8 brackets are different than 67-72. They also take different rubber insulators. If you search here you can see the difference and also there is a schematic on how to modify the one side(don’t remember which side) for the 360.

64-66 V8 brackets are different than 67-72. They also take different rubber insulators. If you search here you can see the difference and also there is a schematic on how to modify the one side(don’t remember which side) for the 360.

Ok, now I'm getting somewhere. Now, will all small V8 brackets be the same for 64-66? If I find a 64-66 "someothermoparwithav8", will it be an appropriate donor?

Here you go

4210BF87-240F-4EB6-A655-327F37E9EB16.jpeg

66C05778-08A7-492E-A216-DE0DB3ECD391.jpeg

-
Back