Move motor back?

-

adamsredlines

'69 Dart
Reaction score
Anybody moved the motor, specifically a 318, back in their Duster? I know there's some benefits, but not sure if there's room to do it without alot of modification to the firewall/trans tunnel. Just an idea I had and am curious how much work it would take, and how far back you can "easily" go. Thanks.

why move the motor its easyer moveing the rear and better resalts and for evry Iinch.you put 200pounds sumwear els.............Artie

You can move the motor and not visibly notice the difference. I'd like to keep the wheels centered in the wheel-wells for my end goal.

Ideally I'd like to get about 2.5" back, but that seems like alot to move it.
if you split the wheel wells and move the front forword you will never see it and you can run a taller tire wen you move your spring in to the fram rails just move them 2inchs. to the front..you are moveing them write????if so no one but you will know but you...if your not afrad of moveing the fire wall moveing the rear will be a walk in the park....Artie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about it. I figured it would be easier to move the K-member front. I just never did it but have seen it done on some cars. Looked cool. They moved the fenders and hood front not just the wheel wells. My friend did it. He extended his 91 Daytona front. Added six inches behind the wheels for a Hemi.

May I ask, Why? What is your end goal ? Will it be for racing ? I know why it is done,just wondering what purpose for your car.

-
Back