Move Rear Axle Back with Coronet Spring?

-

Logan

Reaction score
I'm about to relocate my springs inboard and wondered about moving the rear back at the same time to facilitate tire fitment. Found TheSuspensionKing.com on the net and notice the 66-72 Coronet spring center bolt is an inch more toward the back. The spring is also an inch longer but the rear shackle could be moved back too. It will be a street car so I don't much care about maintaining the stock wheel base to satisfy any sanctioning body. Seems like e-brake cable, hydraulic flex line and shocks would be fairly easy to address. What am I missing?

You could just redrill the center bolt hole in the perch, the hole is probably already there, it just needs to be hogged out a little to fit the center pin. Cheaper than buying new springs, unless you need them anyway.

.............i'm pretty sure theres a 2 in difference in the front segment.........a body 20 in, b body 22 in................kim.......

.............i'm pretty sure theres a 2 in difference in the front segment.........a body 20 in, b body 22 in................kim.......

Bingo. Now there are longer hangers for using ss springs on a b body. SS springs have a body length front segments. You could use those and move the rear shackles to shift it 2 inches back or redrill the hangers for 1 inch.

-
Back