Moved That Battery To The Trunk

-

two_70darts

Reaction score
WELL IMOVED MY BATTERY TO THE TRUNK USED MORROSO KIT GOT SOME SMALL STARTER FROM POWER MASTER? THINK THATS THERE NAME ANY WAY CAR STARTS BUT AFTER A WHILE IT GETS SHITY IE WONT START SEEMS TO KICK BAK WARDS SOMTIMES CHECKED VOLTAGE AT ALTERNATOR SHOWS 14.5 THEN AT BATTERY SHOWS 13 OR SO POSSIBLE BAD GROUND SPEAKING OF GROND IT IS FROM BTTRY TO REAR UNIBODY IN SIDE TRUNK SUPPORT FOR BUMPER 70 DODGE DART I HAVE SOME TECH INFO IN MY MOPAR MAGS ON THIS SUBJECT CANT FIND IT ANY HOW ANY BUDDY GONE THRU THIS SHHHITTT BEFORE THNKZ ANY HELP WLD BE VERY NICE YALL:binky:

You'll need a pretty heavy cable to keep the voltage up going back that far. What gauge wire did you use?

You'll need a pretty heavy cable to keep the voltage up going back that far. What gauge wire did you use?

IT CAMEWITH THE KIT IM NOT SURE IT MAY HAVE BEEN A 2 JUST CANT REMEMBER RITE NOW TO COLD TO GO OUT SIDE HELL ILL GO LOOK
TEP ITS A 2 WHAT DO YOU THINK

Yea, all I can think of is checking all connections (make sure they’re all tight) and make sure your ground is secure to bare metal (no paint). BTW, turn off the CAPS LOCK...it feals like cyber yelling.

Check the grounds make sure they are good. Run a ground from the battery to the frame and another from the motor to the frame. Make sure all connections are clean and tight.

Sounds like when it gets hot theres to much resistance to spin the starter good.

I would say AdamR has the trick. When we ran ours we used 0 gauge cable to the back and for the grounds. Make sure all connections are very clean and well grounded. Make especially sure that the engine has a good clean ground as well.

Really sounds like a resistance issue. I'm assuming you did not have similar problems with kick back before moving.

Double check the condition of your battery as well. Just a thought. Make sure it is full and have it tested.

Cheers

Did you put in a master disconnect?
If so, does it work?
And, did you rerun the charge wire fom the Alternator back to the battery disconnect switch?

DARN CAPS LOCK
ok much nicer
ok connections clean an tight
ok ground to car from motor is good on a #4 cable whats kinda funny is before i put this $4 ground on i had a merceades ground here,it was a briaded ground like a belt, one day it got red hot a let out a yell or nice cloud of smoke that was neat any how those arnt for this car! later i noticed merc. has abuot 10 of thoose damn thigs on there motors areas
ok yes i have a master switch right now just for bttry kill only
did not hook up alternater kill yet, though wire is run
bttry is good new,charged ok
and since i put on new motor ground i realy have not drove the car damn i miss that need p/w pully so bad any one got one for a 340 70 pump hey thankz for all the info this site is the damn best love my mopar my only car for 10 years when i started my ibew job treated me well will never let it go high speed freeway miles forever ca says thankz again

Run the alt wire to the battery, in the picture below the Alt wire crossing the starter wire is not connected to it. It's just drawn across it.
This will probably help the low voltage at the battery when the car is running, it also enables the master disconnect to kill all power to the electrical system.

wiring.jpg

-
Back