Moving for a new job

-
Well, I finally got the chance to meet with my wife and a mediator on Monday. The session was positive and there is still hope for our relationship, although it will take a long time to heal the hurts and fears. I have been working hard with my counsellor through many sessions to begin getting to the heart of what has been wrong with me for longer than I can remember. It was far worse than I had imagined but I am feeling infinitely better now. My friends and select family members have been amazed at my progress in terms of sounding positive and being able to have a better grasp on life in general. Life feels and looks better to me now, even in spite of the current situation.

My wife will be returning to our house in a few days but she has not decided if she will be back before I depart for VA on July 5. She is still feeling very messed up in many ways. I was happy to hear her say that she also needs help dealing with her deeply hurtful past so that she can also find out who she really is and where she wants to be in life. If I cannot see my children before I leave, it will really hurt but I will not harbour resentment against my wife. She needs to be home in her own environment in order to begin healing and feeling more secure.

I managed to secure a decent apartment in a complex with a gym and pool for relatively cheap rent (compared to up here). The Virginia heat may force me to live in the pool when I am not at work because I am not accustomed to the temperatures I will be exposed to. 8)

My Barracuda will remain behind in our garage and I have put back together what was possible with the time remaining before I hit the road. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement along the way. I am learning that I will simply have to "let go" and have enough faith that good things will begin to happen and that this entire situation is for the better.

My next posts will likely be coming from the Commonwealth of VA.

Glad to hear that you are working things out at all levels. Hopefully, a fresh start will allow you to leave your baggage behind, and move forward. I would not be able to leave without a hug from my kids though, and for their sake it should be something you try to achieve. Remember that they are helpless in this situation, and you want to make sure their fears of you leaving forever, or that they are the cause of your relationship problems are brought out in the open for discussion.

Grant

Prayers sent. Im in Fredericksburg about 2 hours away. Pm me anytime for va info.

Hi all,

My wife is travelling with the children to my parents' place in Saskatchewan (Canada) today. This will be her first visit there. She asked me to fly in to the city of Saskatoon and then make the drive to my home town as well. I will stay with my brother and his family, only ~4 miles away from my parents. A long-estranged sister is also there but I am pleased to say that the estrangement has ended after ~17 years. I will get to meet a niece for the first time as well.

Both my wife and I (via web cam) continue to work separately with the same counsellor but the focus is only on individual issues at the moment. We are far, far away from reconciliation discussions at this point. Nonetheless, I am grateful for the first chance to physically hug my children for the first time in just over 3 months.

We recently marked our 15th anniversary, from 2400 miles apart. I was glad that she accepted the flowers and the gift that I sent. I had consulted with many women for advice as to what I should do and I was sternly told to observe the anniversary properly!

I am enjoying the Lynchburg area because it is a wonderful Christian community and people are quite open about their faith. This would be a great place that my wife and children could really thrive in, if we can sort ourselves out.

If there are any MOPAR ladies reading this who might have wise female advice for me? Male readers whose wives might have comments for me are also welcome to send a PM. Patience is currently the primary modus operandi for both of us.

-
Back