Moving to BC

-

Gryzynx

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Well, I did it!

Signed the deal that will take this prairie chicken out to the mountains this summer.

Of course, the Cuda comes along. Looking forward to some fishing.

Note: F bomb warning on the video and no, that's not me. Just wanted to show off the new digs.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-svFIFG7ov0&feature=geosearch"]YouTube- Smithers Resident Catches a Huge Chinook[/ame]

When some of my relatives left Taxkatchewan for B.C., they told me that the provincial abbreviation really means "Bring Cash" because of the higher costs of everything. Still, one cannot blame you for opting for a generally warmer and more pleasant locale. (I grew up in the Melfort/Humboldt area and know all about sustained temperatures of -40 and colder.)

You will want to make sure that the handling on the Barracuda is nice and tight so that you can fly around the curves in the mountain roads. Say "Good-bye" to long prairie straightaways...

Where exactly will you be moving to?

I second the handling thing.And be prepared for high cost of living plus a very low availability for renters.

Im in Trail. BC born and raised. Gonna be a neighbour? Most of my wifes family came from Sask. The last sister and her fam moved out here last year.

You will like the winters out here!

Heading to Smithers. CNR move. I've heard that "Bring Cash" thing. Seems to be a little lighter in the northern interior and the company added a good raise to compensate. Housing costs look to be 20% higher in general. Property taxes are ridiculous. Seems to be a decent place, but it's 300 miles from anywhere. Provincial income taxes are not bad, not great, but everyone compares to Alberta which is basically 10% flat. I lived in Manitoba for my first 50 years, so I know what a greedy province is like. My sympathies to my Winnipeg friends. The scenery is incredible, Hudson mountain ski area, snowmobiling the Onion, (gonna need a long track now). Bulkley and Skeena rivers for fishing. Life should be good.

Good luck on the move!!! My 2 brothers moved to BC a number of years ago and they can't wait to get back here. Go figure.:scratch:

..............GOOD LUCK 2 ya.............Ive been contemplating a move 2 the island 4 a while now..........not much 4 housing there thats really affordable............my buddies scopeing it out now as he moved back there last fall................kim.........

Heading to Smithers. CNR move. I've heard that "Bring Cash" thing. Seems to be a little lighter in the northern interior and the company added a good raise to compensate. Housing costs look to be 20% higher in general. Property taxes are ridiculous. Seems to be a decent place, but it's 300 miles from anywhere. Provincial income taxes are not bad, not great, but everyone compares to Alberta which is basically 10% flat. I lived in Manitoba for my first 50 years, so I know what a greedy province is like. My sympathies to my Winnipeg friends. The scenery is incredible, Hudson mountain ski area, snowmobiling the Onion, (gonna need a long track now). Bulkley and Skeena rivers for fishing. Life should be good.

I lived in Smithers when I was really, really young, I'm 51 now, so I don't remember much from them, but I was there for a work meeting about 10 years ago. I was there in the fall, it's absoultely incredible, the mountains are covered in Aspen, a sea of gold, one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It's a very small town but if you're not careful, you'll fall in love with it :-D

-
Back