MP Brakes disc rotor

-

plymouth4onthefloor

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know which brakedisc rotor i can use for the MPBrake DB 1302B Legend series kit? My discs are overheated on my 66 Satellite.
Thanks Marco

That appears to just be a 73+ Mopar brake set up. So your brake rotor should just be a factory, 1973+ 10.98” rotor.

You could look it up as a ‘73 Satellite with front disks, or cross reference a Raybestos 7032R or Bendix PRT1145. Based on your location I’m not sure what your parts sources look like…

Thanks for the replie. they were talking about 11 1/8 rotors, isn't that C body style? year?

The Master Power Brakes website says they’re 11” brakes, they’re rounding up from 10.98”. The other Mopar size is 11.75”, which was used on some ‘77+ B/R bodies.

But going from their website, I don’t think those are 11.75” rotors. I also don’t see a parts breakdown on their website, although that’s not unusual. If they included a parts breakdown it would basically show that you can get almost the entire “conversion kit” from a plain old auto parts store, since those are OE Mopar brakes and pretty much everything is reproduced. So their parts list would basically show that you don’t really need the MP “kit”. The spindles and caliper brackets are the only thing you can’t get at the local auto parts store, but even those are widely reproduced.

i agree totaly, service parts access was a criteria when i bought the kit, no fancy parts and i have to pass a goverment test for antique cars.
whats more reliable, Bendix or Ray combined with EBC yellow brake pads?

i agree totaly, service parts access was a criteria when i bought the kit, no fancy parts and i have to pass a goverment test for antique cars.
whats more reliable, Bendix or Ray combined with EBC yellow brake pads?

I haven’t noticed a big difference in quality between the Bendix and Raybestos stock replacement rotors. Power Stop makes a nice drilled/slotted replacement rotor, they’re a little nicer but depending on your driving habits you might not notice any significant change vs the “plain” rotors. The EBC yellow stiff pads are nice, but I’ve had good luck with just regular old semi-metallic pads too. Again, depends on how you’re driving the car, the EBC yellows should hold up better and resist fade with higher temps

Did get an answer from MP Brakes, they confirmed 72bluNblu's answer. A little delay but they still support customers after 20 years! Thumb up!

Thank you for the all the infos!

Just as a matter of interest on this subject,,,
I not long ago wanted to replace the rotors and calipers on my 73 Dart.
New reman calipers and Dorman rotors from Auto Zone.

Within a month the rotors were warping causing pulsating surges coming to a stop.
Took them off and replaced them with the Power Stop drilled and slotted, and not a single issue since.
I could swear they even stop better.
I literally threw the Dorman rotors in the junk pile.

IMG_4109.jpeg

Just as a matter of interest on this subject,,,
I not long ago wanted to replace the rotors and calipers on my 73 Dart.
New reman calipers and Dorman rotors from Auto Zone.

Within a month the rotors were warping causing pulsating surges coming to a stop.
Took them off and replaced them with the Power Stop drilled and slotted, and not a single issue since.
I could swear they even stop better.
I literally threw the Dorman rotors in the junk pile.

View attachment 1716173395

I’ve run a couple sets of the power stop rotors now, the set on my Challenger did most of the 70k miles I put on that car without any issues. The rotors on the 13” viper kit on my Duster are power stops.

I haven’t had any issues with the Bendix and Raybestos rotors I’ve run either, but I haven’t bought a set of those is a few years either so their quality may have changed. Haven’t run a set of Dorman rotors.

-
Back