MP Stage 6 heads

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
anybody here running these heads? If so did you have to clearence for 3/8 pushrods? I have a set of correct length rods but the 3/8 dia is rubbing on the bottom of the pushrod "tunnel" just on the intakes. Didn't know how much I could clearence before ruining heads. Even though they're junk anyways. Lol.

Aww,come on! They're not junk. I ran a pair with a mini express mushroom tappet cam. Ran good til a tappet broke. Stepped up to a roller cam and kit. Then all the seats pounded out. They were 'well used' by then though. Ya sure you have the right offset rockers? We had no clearance issues I can remember. A little grinding wont put you into a water jacket. I doubt it. Then again aluminum is repairable.

There aren't any water jackets near the pushrod holes is there? What is a mushroom tappet cam?

Mushroom tappet is a solid lifter with an oversized base. Sort of like a stack of nickles with a quarter on top. The oversized base rides on the cam lobe and allows a much more agressive lobe profile. As close as you can get to a roller cam without the roller. The block has to be spotfaced at the bottom of the lifter bores and the lifters installed before the camshaft. Hot stuff back when but considered obsolete now.

Never head of mushroom tappet either! And yes, I learned that I have the wrong offset rockers! I got the rockers for stage 6, but not stage 6 "max wedge". So I goofed up. Now I need 8 of the correct offset intake rockers. 4 RH and 4 LH.
Or scrap these damn heads and bolt on some 915s ��

-
Back