MP Valve Cover PVC Grommet

-

sundust

Reaction score
I'm new to this site, so I don't know if this correct place to post this or not.Anyway, I just did knoockout for myPVC valve on my MP valve covers. And I can't get PVC grommet to slide in hole. what's the problem. I did it as instructions said. appreciate any help.
thanks,
Don

sundust said:
I'm new to this site, so I don't know if this correct place to post this or not.Anyway, I just did knoockout for myPVC valve on my MP valve covers. And I can't get PVC grommet to slide in hole. what's the problem. I did it as instructions said. appreciate any help.
thanks,
Don

Make the hole bigger? (Not to sound insulting) but is that the issue? You need to open it up more?

I had to grind the holes down on the inside of the vavle cover so bushing would go all the way through. Kinda made me upset since the valve covers were MP and the grommets were MP.

Yea, this kind up upset me also.Being that they are both MP. And according instructions all you have to do is remove knockout. So it sounds like I'll be slowly making hole bigger so grommet slides in. wonder if I should use file or something else. Don't have a small grinder. Have to check with one of my friends or relatives.
thanks,
Don

yea it's ashame we have to work on before we use it i used a dremell with a round grinding stone easier to keep round did you use mopar gormets i didn't but have heard they work without enlarger the hole

I know I bought the MP grommet kit that comes with two different grommet sizes for the two styles of mopar PCVs. Could that make a difference? I did not have to do any grinding on my aluminum MP valve covers.
This was the grommet for a push on style filter or PCV and the other side has the smaller port PCV with hose to the carb.
47b7da26b3127cce8331f68c552c00000016100AYs27Ji3ZsmPg

and the damn covers will leak too. i am searching for taller stamped steel covers to replace these pos on 440 challenger.

I don't have any idea about your problem. May i ask what is the regular price of a grommet? I am currently in need of that part. Thanks!

-
Back