Mr G Enterprises - Bolt Kit

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
Has anybody used the Mr. G "Mopar Underhood & Trunk Bolt, Nut, U-Nut, & Screw Kit"?
http://www.mrgusa.com/screwkit.htm

The one I am looking at has 215 pieces and costs $179. I am think this would save a lot of time instead of going back and forth to the Hardware store. But, seems kind of expensive. I am not sure if it is worth it?

Here's what is included per an email response from Mr. G
"[FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']The underhood and trunk kits will include all visible bolts, nuts, u-nuts, washers, and screws under the hood & trunk less the motor and lower suspension items, plus it includes fender bolt u-nuts which are not technically visible"[/FONT]

I bought one of Mr. G's interior fastener kits a few years ago. Though substantially less money than the one you're considering, I thought it was VERY nice ... high quality hardware, a list of what goes where, and seemed like a good deal for the money compared to running to the hardware store every time I needed some screws.

I'm sure their larger hardware kit like you're looking at will be just as impressive.

I've been buying from Mr. G's for years now. Years back, they were the only company doing fastener kits, and they know their stuff. They also did all the vacuumized chrome plating for dash bezels and armrests before anyone else cared. I would buy from them with confidence. Geof

Thanks for the replies.

I think the time savings will out weigh the price versus going back and forth to the hardware store. I think i will buy a kit!

Thank you,

There are 100s of automotive hardware types that a hardware store wont have and cant get.

They’re a good company and have quality parts, but if you want to save money, then see if you have an automotive fastener supply in your area, some auto body suppliers also sell bolts.

We have a couple auto body suppliers in the St. Louis area, I just took a sample of the bolts I needed and bought all the bolts and speed nuts needed for less than $40 and I have enough left for the next car. They come in boxes of 10-50 depending on the size bolt; I even bought a variety of body shims for $7 a box.

Great idea BlownFish.

I have everything bagged and tagged I could just go there in one trip!

Keep in mind, if you should boil it all down to something really odd like just 6 chrome fillister heads screws or 5/16 bolt with 7/16 hex head, and nobody else can help, Mr.G has them and a minimum order charge.

-
Back