MRL Performance 416 E85

-
You have the motot to pull right through the higher gears, that motor wont mind at all. you said it, lotsa tourque, you will be fine with those gears. I am soon to do the same thing so I can cruise the highway with my stroker.

Would you mind posting cam specs or a part number if its off the shelf? Thx.

Not to be a horse's a** but I noticed Mike gave the cam as 60443, a big ol' solid flat tappet grind. The MRL website has this combo down as a Lunati Voodoo Roller Cam set-up so I gotta guess that's actually the 60433 part.

Just thought I'd mention it as there's plenty of folk like me who like to see what parts get great results and, as importantly, what rpm range they work in on a given combo.

Not to be a horse's a** but I noticed Mike gave the cam as 60443, a big ol' solid flat tappet grind. The MRL website has this combo down as a Lunati Voodoo Roller Cam set-up so I gotta guess that's actually the 60433 part.

Just thought I'd mention it as there's plenty of folk like me who like to see what parts get great results and, as importantly, what rpm range they work in on a given combo.

No, it is actually the 60434 voodoo cam.

I must have had dislexia that day,,,I do plan to run the 60434 solid roller from Lunati. I believe its still the same cam Mike ran on that build, since no part # comes up on Lunati's site for a 60443. Good eye though MoparAnglia.

I must have had dislexia that day,,,I do plan to run the 60434 solid roller from Lunati. I believe its still the same cam Mike ran on that build, since no part # comes up on Lunati's site for a 60443. Good eye though MoparAnglia.

All good then. Mike must have passed on the dyslexia (computer virus?), as wireweld confirmed he has the 60434. 60443 does exist on the Lunati site, maybe not on a search tool though. Its a similarly-sized solid flat tappet.

Sounds like your target power should be in reach with some good head work and plenty of carb. Good luck!

LOL I had all the right numbers, just a little out of order.

We upped the cam from a Comp 740-9(smaller cam) to this Voodoo cam and gained 75hp(peak) and about 60tq at 3000rpm & 25tq at peak

LOL I had all the right numbers, just a little out of order.

We upped the cam from a Comp 740-9(smaller cam) to this Voodoo cam and gained 75hp(peak) and about 60tq at 3000rpm & 25tq at peak
Wow thats quite a gain. You wouldnt happen to have a dyno comparison
of this would you as im currently trying to choose over these two cams right now.
Would be very interesting to see
cheers

Voodoo all the way. The Comp is a good peice, but the Voodoo will net you more power over the entire rpm band.

Another big reason to go with the Voodoo, it is made from a billet core while the Comp is from a distempered core and the Comp cost more! Billet is much better.

Voodoo all the way. The Comp is a good peice, but the Voodoo will net you more power over the entire rpm band.

Another big reason to go with the Voodoo, it is made from a billet core while the Comp is from a distempered core and the Comp cost more! Billet is much better.
I was starting to lean towards the voodoo but the only thing that holds me back is having to use a bronze gear on it. The car is a street car and will see 600 mile round trips.

The comp i can order on a billet core with a pressed iron gear though.

Its a hard decision but your swaying me lol :)

-
Back