MSD 82073

-
O.K. so you need a box for that distributor to work. If you go with an MSD-6AL box for example, the ballast resistor is eliminated and you need a coil that's designed for a 12V input. Per the 6AL instructions, "The line of MSD Blaster Coils are great for street and mild racing. For extended high rpm operation the Blaster HVC, PN 8252 or HVC II, PN 8253, are recommended." Note that#82073 is not on that list. I think you can use it though.

O.K. so you need a box for that distributor to work. If you go with an MSD-6AL box for example, the ballast resistor is eliminated and you need a coil that's designed for a 12V input. Per the 6AL instructions, "The line of MSD Blaster Coils are great for street and mild racing. For extended high rpm operation the Blaster HVC, PN 8252 or HVC II, PN 8253, are recommended." Note that#82073 is not on that list. I think you can use it though.

I wasn't going to run a box due to the FItech being able to control the timing. The MSD dist. Is locked out with a phaseable rotor. I'll call MSD tomorrow, I may just get a blaster 3.

I wasn't going to run a box due to the FItech being able to control the timing. The MSD dist. Is locked out with a phaseable rotor. I'll call MSD tomorrow, I may just get a blaster 3.

That coil should work , ur on the right track w/ a locked out dist. My fast 2.0 is the same way. MSD 6 will work--------

Thanks guys. After doing some more research, it doesn't have very good reviews. A lot of failures. I liked the compact design, but just gonna go with a blaster 3.

-
Back