Not open for further replies.

BLKNBLU340DSTR

1971 Duster 340
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I have a very low mileage MSD distributor in like new condition. It fits RB 413/426 wedge and 426 Hemi/440 engines. Some people use a spacer and install on 'B' 383's. I, personally don't play that. Simple 3 wire hook-up, 2 to the coil,( red positive/orange negative side) and black wire to ground...done. I used it on my Road Runner w/440 for about 3-400 miles back and forth to car shows the past few years. I am re-installing my #'s matching 383 engine, so I do not need it anymore. Some cylinder heads may have a small interference issue where you need to sand off a 1/16 inch or so, not a big deal at all. Great distributor at almost half price. Silver advance springs installed with black stop bushing. Curve to your application, if needed. I can include the stock 'heavy' springs if you want them. I will ship to the lower 48 for free. Others will need to calculate USPS, large flat rate box from 94551 in Livermore,CA. Paypal only. PM me , if interested. Price= $340.-

Listing for MSD 8387 @ Summit Racing for more specific information
Ignition Distributors at Summit Racing

MSD 1.jpg

MSD3.jpg

MSD4.jpg

MSD6.jpg

MSD7.jpg

MSD8.jpg

MSD9.jpg

MSD10.jpg

MSD11.jpg

Couple questions

Is the black wire used for a tachometer?

Is this still available?

What did you do to make it fit?

I have a 440. It has to fit under a 6 pack air cleaner....

Hello, no the grey wire with red/pink color/quick connector in pictures, which is separate from main plug, is for the tachometer feed. I have air grabber air cleaner, same as 6-pak air cleaner in height, and it clears easily. As far as the minor interference with cylinder head, some minor sanding...'may be necessary'. Unusual, I know, but that casting is 1/2 thick , minimum, and a 1/16 inch or so in a small area is nothing to worry about. I had no trouble with that slight modification using a disc grinder with a 120 grit sanding disc and a few quick hits. Let me know if I did not give enough details. Works great, plug/play unit @ great price. All related parts come with it. Had it on my 69 440 Roadrunner. Thanks, Steve

Just to confirm you are talking about removing a bit from the cylinder head casting where it rubbed?

I built the engine with 240 Trickflow heads. I need a distributor before I can dyno

Would you happen to know if they sell the black caps that would fit on the distributor? I would imagine so.

I’d just prefer black.

What coil did you use?

Sounds like I would be interested.

Thanks

Just to confirm you are talking about removing a bit from the cylinder head casting where it rubbed?

I built the engine with 240 Trickflow heads. I need a distributor before I can dyno

Would you happen to know if they sell the black caps that would fit on the distributor? I would imagine so.

I’d just prefer black.

What coil did you use?

Sounds like I would be interested.

Thanks
I am pretty sure they do sell the caps in black as well. To confirm, yes a 'minimal' amount of material 'may' be needed to remove to clear for slight possible rubbing. Always use MSD Blaster 2 ignition coils with MSD distributors. Let me know, another person is in line. Shipping is free to lower 48 states.

Do you still have everything that came with the original kit so my engine builder would have everything available to set up the distributor? Instructions?

Yes I am interested.

Thank you

Do you still have everything that came with the original kit so my engine builder would have everything available to set up the distributor? Instructions?

Yes I am interested.

Thank you
Everything I got in the kit will be passed on to the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back