MSD Box Location Pictures?

-

684mulas

Reaction score
I'm having distributor problems so I'm upgrading my ignition system to an MSD setup. The top of the fenderwell seems to be the most common place for the control box but I'm not thrilled about drilling any more visible holes in the car. I thought about running the control box from the trunk but its a long distance, and also about under the passenger seat but the box is noisy. I'm leaning towards installing the control box under the battery tray. I have a sealed battery so I'm not worried about battery mess on the control box. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any pictures of control box installs in any location? Thanks...

I don't have a picture but I bent up a piece of aluminum diamond plate and mounted it off of the mount for the steering column towards the center of the car. It's a 6AL and its mounted so that the rev limiter chip is at the bottom so that you can change it easily but I'm not sure what you mean that it is noisy though.

I don't have a picture but I bent up a piece of aluminum diamond plate and mounted it off of the mount for the steering column towards the center of the car. It's a 6AL and its mounted so that the rev limiter chip is at the bottom so that you can change it easily but I'm not sure what you mean that it is noisy though.

Nice M-code. I've seen it at Carlisle. Its mounted off of the steering column mount, inside the engine compartment or under the dash?

My buddy has his mounted on the passenger kick panel and it makes a buzzing/clicking noise. His is pretty noisy. I have read in other places that they tend to be loud like that.

It's under the dash and it doesn't make any noises and I'm using a Mopar electronic distributor to fire it off.

Done. Under the battery tray seemed to be a good place. You cant even see it from the top. Everything seems to work fine. It took as much time to put the spark plug wires together as it did to install the entire MSD setup. I cut wires to fit and what a pain it is to get the boots over the wires.

MSD 5-10.jpg

That looks sharp and very inconspicuous. I had wondered about doing that but was concerned about leakage from the battery. I guess the sealed cell is the way to go for this application. I think mine will find its way to the same place when it comes time for installation...

Done. Under the battery tray seemed to be a good place. You cant even see it from the top. Everything seems to work fine. It took as much time to put the spark plug wires together as it did to install the entire MSD setup. I cut wires to fit and what a pain it is to get the boots over the wires.

-
Back