msd digital e curve distributer

-

superbee79

Reaction score
how many of you have used one of these its got a rev limiter in it? how well does it work? do you like it or recommend it?

The ones I've seen seem pretty solid.

Easy to set up. Ran fine on the dyno.

I have one on my stroker. It seems like the rev limiter is a little low (ie, if you set it at 6500, it kicks in more like 6300). You can also set your timing curve on it. I like it and recommend it for the price, since you don't need to run a box with it.

The rev limiters are notorious for pulling signal earlier than the desired setting. Put a 6500 chip in and it starts pulling at 6200-6300. Turn it up a couple hundred RPM and the limiter shouldn''t affect the upper range.

The timing curve settings were a little confusing. I had crackedback and Brian at IMM Engine help in figuring out how to set it up. The rev limiter is a dial inside the cap, so you can easily change the rev limiter without the "pills" other rev limiters use.

I have one, like stated earlier you don't need the box, but I have one hooked up to it anyway

thank you for the replies our new dart has one of them and i was wondering a little about them

-
Back