MSD E/curve dizzy

-

jimbo17

Reaction score
I have a VJ Valiant Charger with 410 small block. The specs are Forged 10.5 pistons Scat rods, eagle forges steel crank,edelbrock performer heads with 2.05 valves, roller 232 @50 cam, Harland sharp roller rockers, RPM air gap manifold,Try Y headers, 800avs carb, and MSD Ecurve dizzy with accel square coil. Now I bought the MSD and AVS at the same time (were about $450 each here in Aus)and since putting them on I have had a slight fall over when taking off (manual car).I have spent two years tunning and modifying the carb to get rid of this and did have it almost gone, just a slight fall over if taking off in second gear.
A few weeks ago after working away and coming home I could not start it. No ignition!
I traced it to the dizzy! I installed my cheap procomp $40 dizzy in and it fired up straight away. It has cured the fall over problem and it idles so smooth now that you can hardly tell it has an aggresive cam in it. It now starts with a quarter turn of the motor and has more low end response. Now a $40 dizzy out performing a $450 dizzy?
Now the only thing I can think of is the coil have the wrong resistance, playing up the MSD.
Has any one had problems with MSD not using there coils?
By the way the car has already run an 11.7 @ 117mph and now has about 30 more HP so may even go quicker!

Thats a good question, maybe give MSD a call and see what they think. Better yet, get your $450.00 back ?

In regards to your car now having 30 more ponies, dont touch it. :glasses7::burnout:

-
Back