Msd Ignition On Dakota

-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
hey do any of you guys know how to hook up a msd 6al box and msd billet distributor on a 1992 dodge dakota 318 while using the fuel injection with the stock computor let me know guys is this even possible. thanks

You would have to use the stock dizzy with the box. If you call MSD they should have the tech info on it. They are a great company with great tech help. Their # is 915 855-7123. I know it can be done but I don't know exactly how they do it.

It's not possible to run the MSD distributor. The stock distributor has a cam position sensor in it that your computer needs to make it run. I ran a MSD6A on my old 93 Dak 318 with the stock distributor and it ran fantastic. Remember to gap your plugs wider or you won't see the big gains. I ran mine at .045.

To hook it up the the stock system all you have to do is cut the 2 wires going to the coil and run them to the input of the box and run the output of the box to the coil and hook up your B+ and ground wires and your set.

A hotter coil like the MSD Blaster will help alot also.

I did it on my 98 Dakota 318 5-spd and it was a cinch. Accel even has an adapter harness to go from the factory harness for the Mopar coil to the Accel replacement coil. Just cut the Accel adapter harness and splice the MSD in there. No need to cut the factory harness @ all.

-
Back