MT Drag radial air pressure?

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
Ok, i've run these before, also ran a set of Hoosier DRs on my 6sp. camaro, seemed like the sweet spot was 18 psi., what pressure are some of you running, i'm at 20 now, but i can haze them from a roll pretty good & thats with the stock converter, so whats the sweet spot for some of you?

I used to run about that on the street but at the tack I would take them down further. But I didnt run them for real long. I switched to Et Streets and they seem to work better for me.

I've found every car, and tire brand is different. If I change tire brands, I'll find a clean area of concrete, launch the car (not a burn out), then go back and check the patch. You want a soild black area across the width, if it's darker on the edges add 2lbs of pressure, do another launch etc. If it's darker in the center lose air pressure, and do another launch etc. It works for me!

I'll have to try that moparnocar, i'm leaving patching in the middle even though most of the tire is showing a wear pattern, so i'll lower pressure, it must be the light *** end in this dart, i'm used to my heavier Z28 & Truck, they both were damn near dead on at 18 psi.

Most I know run anywhere from 16-24psi.

The patch test is good and I never trust anything from a roll. To many variables that are different from a dead stop launch.

Most I know run anywhere from 16-24psi.

The patch test is good and I never trust anything from a roll. To many variables that are different from a dead stop launch.

From a dead stop its a laugh.

-
Back