Multiple Carbs on a Slant

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at the thread by yoop822 - Well I went and did it! - concerning his Offy dual single intake. I'm a sucker for multiple carbs on a slant so I've obtained a couple of unusual manifolds - a triple SU (got carbs for it) and a triple Weber (no carbs as yet - really expensive). Will use one of these on my 65 Signet slant/4 speed. Could use the other on either my 65 GT or 65 wagon - both originally slants. Got V8s for those but a slant with one of those intake set-ups would be the cat's meow. Decisions, decisions.

Manifolds 020.jpg

Manifolds 017.jpg

id go with the SU manifold they are a nightmare to set up the first time but after that they are very reliable (had twin SU on a volvo 122S i had) webers really are junk ask any vw guy about dual webers on a street car

Both of those manifolds are very slick. I bet tuning could be interesting, but if you got them set, it would be a sweet sounding ride.

SU's gotta be easier to set up than Webers. I'm a V8 guy, but I might run that set up just cuz its so kool!

How do you think a set of Mikunis off of a six cylinder bike...Honda CBX or a Kawasaki Voyager would look on a slant?

There's a guy from the Ontario area who scratch built an intake manifold to use 6 snowmobile carbs on his home-built "Senior Dragster". From the videos, the ol' slant moves the dragster quite nicely down the track. Run a search over at slantsix.org.

I just had a machinist over yesterday to take some measurements for a set of carb pads to fit the carbs I have, since the stud pattern on the intake was far off from the holes in the carb base. Looks like it's gonna be about $60 for a pair of 3/4" carb pads in 6061 aluminum. Any thought on how to attach these? I was thinking a nice thin layer of JB-Weld between the intake and the carb pad, clamp it together, then after it sets, drill for some narrow headless set screws about 1 1/4" long and sink four of those into it...it should act darn near like it's one piece after that treatment...any other ideas?

-
Back