Music video thread

-
Yessir! Dont forget Jerry Reed! and Merle Haggard could burn some too now! Been playing almost 40 years myself. Les Paul, Segovia, they were something
Oh yes. Roy Clark too. That Werner guy ain’t too bad either.

A couple favorites. Not necessarily the best recordings, but incredible performances.

That Christy Hines is nasty.
Yes, that early live show is not what I expected from the material on the album. They would open shows with Precious. The first time it left me with my mouth hanging open. I was lucky enough to see the original lineup of the band three times before Honeyman-Smith and Farndon died. Once in a small theater, once in a bar that featured live music, and at the Heatwave Festival in Ontario.

That Christy Hines is nasty.
Here's a picture from a show I saw a month before the video posted above was shot in 1980. Looks like the same Telecaster. I didn't take it. I found it online. Quite a while ago Chrissie said the Pretenders were just a tribute band to the original lineup.
Pretenders Uncle Sams Buff 27 Aug 1980_01.png

I'm on the vacation countdown to retirement at work. I set automatic replies on my work e mail, and pasted the link below in it. I also play the chorus on my outgoing message on my work cell phone. I'm saving Johnny Paycheck for when I throw down the keys and the badge!

-
Back