Must SELL! 1974 dodge dart sport $6,800

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was serious at $3K, thats about the value. What you put into a car is NOT what you can get out of it. I feel bad for your situation, but wouldn't pay $6800 for a $3000 car to "help you out". sorry. I don't think you'd do the same for me either. Nothing personal.

I'd say 68-69s bring the most $$ followed by 67s, then 70-72, then 73s, then early As (63-66) then 74+ cars. (all S6 or 318 cars) factory 340s, BB, 4spds., all more depending on option. If yours is a factory 4 spd. that's a plus.

Iv'e restored 7 cars over the past 6 yrs, and I'm LUCKY if get the parts money spent. Time is FREE. Pay a shop, and that money that you'll never recover. Sorry, but its true.

There are LOTS of cars on the market right now. Toys go in a poor economy.

No ones trying to kick you when your down. Ebay the car and see what happens. Most people on this list will not buy a car at market value. Most here build their own, but will buy a project only if its a good deal. $6800 is a lot of money and there are a multitude of more desireable cars on the market in that price range.

My 73 will be done soon: 73 Dart Sport, 72 Duster nose, rotisserie restored., B5 exterior BC/CC, including jambs, trunk and engine bay. Frame connectors and sway bars, disk/drum brakes. Rebuilt 340/727/8.25SG w 3.55 gears. Its got the 72 nose to HELP with marketing...the pointy noses don't sell well. Originally a 318 car.

If I had to bet....that car is worth ~ $8-9K when done - and its will be damn near perfect. If it were a 68 Dart with the same build specs....$12-15K.

You want nearly $7K for yous....seems high. I stand by $3K.

Swing 69,I agree To what you are saying,I owe $6,700.00 to the bank,so that is what I listed for. If Are you a teacher at the school,maybe They would conceider Money & the rest a tax write off (donation).But at that price I will not incluced the parts I requiered.It would make high school project .Call me at 732- 580-6549 I live in brick.I will call the bank and present your offer if you are serious.Just like grassy said,I am just trying to reduce as much debt as I can! At that price I would still have to pay 3700 to the bank over a period that the state sets.

Sorry Beck if I'm seeming to mislead you. I was saying that if I were to buy the car, to me it would be a $3000 car. That is probably a fair market value all considered, by a serious buyer.

However, for me at this time, I'm not able to take on any projects. I currently have 3 cars being restored, a 65 Barracuda S, 73 Dart Sport and a 65 Coronet A/FX car. I've got way too much on my plate.

I was explaining my position, hoping to help set your sites on something more realist as far as expectations. Believe me, If I was in the market to buy another project....I would certainly talk more about it with you. Our "next" car will be a 4 spd.

I think your best bet is still Ebay....see what it brings. Your only issue is people may not bid if the title is in the banks possession, and not yours. That circumstance may hold the price down further.

I would suggest to you to get an agreement with the bank, up front what they would accept for payment. Once you have that in writing, set that as you min. bid on ebay. I do wish you the best of luck....and sorry about your circumstances.

none of my business, so please don't feel pressured to answer. you mention have to pay back the balance if the car sells for less then owed, i take it you are not going chapter 7??

no, I am going chapter 13 so I can save my house!The house is eveything that me and my wife have worked for!

I am so sorry you have to sell your car like this.......I respect you for keeping your cool through all this....I hope it all works out... Hang in there...

no, I am going chapter 13 so I can save my house!The house is eveything that me and my wife have worked for!
thats what i thought you were going to say, I wish you the best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back