Status
Not open for further replies.

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All,

The day has finally come. I am selling my 1968 Dodge Dart GT. It’s a tough decision, but due to new priorities in my life, lack of space in my new home, and some health reasons; I believe it’s time for the car to go to a new owner who can devote their time and passion into this car.

The car is amazing to drive. It makes 500+ horsepower to the crank, has a 6-speed manual, makes all sorts of loud noises, squeals tires, and grabs attention everywhere it goes. It gets great smiles per gallon! Every time I pull up at Fall or Spring Fling, the car grabs a lot of attention. It has an iconic look and a personality of its own.

History:

The car was originally had a 273 ci engine, 2 barrel carburetor, 904 transmission, 7 ¼ rear end, and Chrysler Air Conditioning. When I obtained the car back in 2012 it was pretty much bone stock. A previous owner reupholstered the interior really well, but gave it a pretty bad paint job. The car, visually is a 20 footer. Parts of the paint are chipped away, the trim is fairly worn, and some rust bubbles have developed at the bottom of the rocker panels. I haven’t done much of anything to the exterior.

In 2014, I decided I wanted to make the Dart into my dream car. I tore out the suspension, pulled out the rear end. I installed a Hotchkis TVS, built an A-body 8 ¾ rear end, installed a Dr Diff Stage 4 brake kit in the front and a Stage 2 kit in the rear, and put on 18” wheels. At the time, the engine was going out so the project snowballed further. I decided to send the car to Hotchkis Sport Suspension. Over there, they tuned the suspension components, created a custom 6-point cage with swing-out arms, TTI exhaust, redid most of the interior, replaced the steering box for a Borgeson unit, and installed a new 408 stroker and T56 Magnum transmission. The car was built for Autocross to compete in CAM-T. It took about a year and a half to build and I didn’t get the car back until late 2016. Since then, my life has been pretty busy and I really haven’t had the time or energy to work on the car and fix the little bugs. I have taken it out racing to a couple of events. I went to 2 autocrosses and it made its appearance once at Willow Springs where it went 130 mph. Most of its driving in the past year or so have been cruising around town.

The car currently runs, but I haven’t had a chance to drive it in about 2 months. I don’t have any doubts that it would be able to drive, reliably under its own power.

Current Build Parts:

· Body:

o 1968 Dodge Dart GT

o Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

· Engine:

o Built by IMM Engines in Indio

o 360 cubic inch block bored to 408 cubic inches.

o All forged internals.

o Made 523 hp and 522 ft-lbs of torque at the crank on 91 octane.

o Holley 800 dp carburetor.

o Engine Quest Iron Heads

o Milodon Road Race Pan

o MSD Ready-to-Run Distributor

· Transmission:

o T56 Magnum from Summit Racing (capable of 700 ft-lbs)

o Quicktime Bellhousing

o Centerforce clutch and flywheel

o Hurst Pistol-Grip shifter

o Custom Driveshaft

· Differential:

o A-body 8 ¾ differential

o Rebuilt by myself and 4-speed Transmissions

o All parts purchased from Dr. Diff

o 489 case with 3.55 gears and an Eaton TrueTrac

o 5 x 4.5” axles with Timken Bearings

· Cooling:

o Be Cool Radiator (1500 hp capacity)

· Suspension:

o 1.18” torsion bars

o Fox 2.0 adjustable shocks front and rear

o Hotchkis TVS

o Dr Diff leaf spring relocation kit

o Braced Lower Control Arms

· Interior:

o Corbeau LG1 XL seats

o Grant 13” steering wheels

o G-Force 5-point Harness

o Rear Seat Delete

o Custom 6-point cage made by Hotchkis

o Flaming Rivers Steering Column

· Brakes:

o Dr Diff Stage 4 front brakes

o Dr Diff Stage 2 rear brakes

o 1 1/32” 2-bolt master cylinder with 4-to-2 bolt adapter (manual brakes)

o Line-Lock with button on shifter

· Wheels and Tires:

o Mickey Thompson SC-5’s (discontinued) in 18 x 9” on all 4 corners. 32mm offset in the front and 22mm offset in the rear with a spacer.

o 255/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport

· Exhaust:

o TTI 2.5” Exhaust

o Magnaflow Mufflers

o Helmholtz Resonators

Additional Included Parts:

· Holley Sniper EFI (P/N: 550-511)

· Tanks Inc EFI fuel tank (bolt-in for Dart)

· Braided fuel lines

· Fuel filter

· Aeromotive fuel pump (P/N: 11540)

· Afco 20230 Leaf Spring

· The original upholstered seats from the Dart

· Various spare A-body suspension and brake components

· Various A-body interior components

· Original radiator, fan shroud, and fan

· Mopar M1 Intake

Pricing and Location:

The car is currently located in Southern California (near the 10 and 57 freeway interchange). I will not ship the car and the car is sold as-is. The car has a lot of sentimental value and I’ve invested a lot of time and money into it and for that reason I am asking $35,000 obo.

Walkaround Video from 2016:

Misc cruising and driving videos:

20170303_154135.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Last edited:
The Dart will be at Spring Fling Van Nuys this Saturday in the show field if any potential buyers are interested at looking the car over.

Price drop to $28,000 obo. May take trade or partial trade for a clean, near-stock, and low mileage SRT8 Charger or Magnum.

Last edited:
Car didn't sell and I'm going to sit on it for awhile. It's sitting in a garage until I can figure out what I want or can do with it exactly. Mods, can you please lock the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back