My 1970 valiant 4 door

-

1970valiant

young gun
Reaction score
Hi! i bought a 1970 Plymouth Valiant a few weeks ago. Its a first project car for me and ill be restoring it with the help of my dad.
it has a 225 slant six in it, with an automatic transmission.

my plans for it so far is to rebuild the engine and fuel inject it, also possibly turbo it. ADD AC for the hot weather here in AZ! shave the rear door handles, antenna, side lights, and tail lights. Suicide doors. paint the car white with some kind of blue design. Get new seats, door panels, radio, speakers, and headliner. These are just some of the things that i want to do and get for my car so far, ill be adding more as i go!

Attachments

• travis 1970 valiant.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 187
before and after pics of all the bondo that was covering the body damage. so much bondo....

Attachments

• DSCI0241.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCI0043.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 211
Pulled out the slant six a few days ago

Attachments

• 225 slant six valiant.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCI0041.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 191
its been awhile since i posted something on here. my build has been going slowly for the past 2 months cuz ive been on crutches. but i have bought a fender and bench seats for the front and back and digressed a few engine parts. wanna get off these crutches so i can get my butt in gear.

also cleaned up most of the engine bay. and was given a radio. and found out that i might be turboing my slant!

Its been awhile since i have posted on my build thread. well i got off the crutches and out of the walking boot from my reconstructive foot surgery in June. I have painted the engine bay and the engine. Received my rebuild stuff, cam shaft, and a very generous friend gave me a turbo, Mallory hyfire IV ignition and gave me deal on getting the crank polished and a valve job. Just got the pistons and rods put together and the cam bearings put in but the cam did not go in easily and created a lip on the front bearing :banghead: still not sure why it would not slide in easily? Now i need to get the hydraulic rocker arms, shaft, and push rods.

Attachments

• 1970 valiant engine bay painted black (800x586).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 132
-
Back