My 1972 Duster...with new wheels and rear!

-

bthieson

Reaction score
So I've had my Duster for 8 years now. I bought it right after graduation, and I did the front disc brake conversion, new hoses, exhaust manifold and such. I've been itching for a cosmetic change for quite sometime. It's a 225 car, and I will be doing the swap over to my 408 stroker this winter. Naturally I need a few other things done before that could happen. Well, I finally got it into the shop and got my new rear (8 3/4) out of a GTX in along with a set of S/S springs, and a set of shocks. We moved it in a bit so I could get some "larger" rubber in, all I need is that larger rubber now. I bought new(new to me) rims last year, and can finally use the 5X4.5 pattern!!

I'll try and get some pics of the new rear soon.

Here are the before and after pics. Comments and criticisms are more than welcome.

n602560144_1218240_5125.jpg

n602560144_3296268_9657.jpg

I agree with Evil.. the RAKE MAKES it! And period rims look just right to me. Of course, I'm from that period lol.

Grant

Thanks folks! Yeah, I really like the stance now! The *** end is up, but not too high. I'd really like to go with different rubber, but I'll hold off until the engine is in and I have more money to throw at it.

Do those SS springs make the ride any harsher or make it handle any better/worse?

Now I really want to lower my front-end an inch or so. That rake looks amazing on a Duster.

That really does look good. I have a soft spot for the SS style wheels.

Have you thought about a flat black stripe kit? I know someone is selling them here for under a $100.

That really does look good. I have a soft spot for the SS style wheels.

Have you thought about a flat black stripe kit? I know someone is selling them here for under a $100.

Thanks again everyone! I will be getting a stripe, but it won't be until after it's painted. We're looking at a pearled sublime green, kind of similar to the new Viper color. I'm also extremely interested in adding a spoiler! When you look under the car from behind it looks super nice now, except for the old gas tank, so something is going to have to get done there too. I'm not sure what direction to go though, cause I do want to have it out at the track a fair amount.

-
Back