My 2004 Ram Was Recalled

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I received a recall notice on my 04 1500 for the airbag fiasco. They said they would fix it but they don't have any parts or even know when they can get any. I think they should just swap mine for a new one. That would fix it.

great idea lol if it works let me know im gonna go find a 04 ram to purchase cheap lol

I took my 05 Ram in on Mon. for pinion nut recall and when they called told me they took care of the airbag issue that I never received a recall for. Guess I got lucky.

[quote="Dart67";1970911651]i got the recall on my 2003 Ram as well.[/quote]

Hmmm........I haven't received one.

Airbag issue???

My 07 is going in at 7:30 am tomorrow (Friday) to the local dealer for the recall repair. I received my recall notice in the mail on Monday. They said it will take about an hour and they do have the parts in stock. The recall is for the drivers side airbag inflator housing. they say that it might rupture due to excessive internal pressure, during normal airbag deployment events. Seems to me the only time you should have normal airbag deployment events is when you are crashing and burning and I have seen some airbags that did not deploy in some pretty bad accidents. Recall is for 04-09 Ram 1500,2500,and 3500, 04-08 Durango's, 07 and 08 Aspen's, 05 through 2010 300's,Chargers, and Magnum's, and also 05 through 2011 Dakota's. Call your local dealer they might already have the parts.

-
Back