My 2200 mile adventure

-

hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
Let me start off by thanking FABO member 73duster318auto for his honesty . I just returned home yesterday from a 2200 mile round trip to Florida to buy a 72 Duster advertised on FABO . I left central Indiana 3am the 27th , stopped for the night in Georgia and arrived in Palm Bay Florida around noonish the 28th . I really had no idea what I was going to see but I knew the pics online looked good and we all know about online pics . Well what I got was to meet Ray and Rachel M 2 of nicest people the good lord put on this planet and honest as the day is long . The car was as advertised with extensive documentation and had been loved on for they're entire ownership(since 96) ,the car was actually Rachel's and yes this is the car with Richard Petty's signature on the top of the breather. Ray and Rachel along with 3 other couples formed the Brevard County Mopar Club back in 97 and they're still active today which Ray still has his Coronet 500 to cruise in . Ray admits they're more into riding they're trike now but will always be Mopar fans . I was loaded up and heading north by 6pm the 28th I drove my but off because of holiday traffic and the impending bad weather up north I got back to my shop at 1pm the 29th and put the car inside and as I closed the overhead door my phone rang and it was Rachel calling to check on my trip and to see if the car was okay . No way can you put a price on meeting people like this . Two hours later it started snowing here

photo0_4.jpg

good story with a satisfied, better than expected result. restores faith in this world. nice Duster. Tawny gold ?

You made lifelong friends, had an enjoyable road trip/adventure, and got a heck of a nice car!!!

Did ya bring back shrimp and oranges!?????

y3 duster with the 3/4 snake skin roof and a split bench I have the very same car . can you post more pics when you get a chance .? you found a beautiful car .

y3 duster with the 3/4 snake skin roof and a split bench I have the very same car . can you post more pics when you get a chance .? you found a beautiful car .
I'll get more soon . This is me and Rachel
I'll get more as weather permits . Just so everyone is clear that is Rachel with the colorful hair .

IMG_20171228_164043968_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171228_164146044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171230_111224718.jpg

Last edited:
I love beautiful honest people. If only there were more in the world.

-
Back