My 512 running

-
Actually, it's quite a mild street motor. It has to run on the crappy 91 octane gas with 10% ethanol that we have out here. Racing gas is not available.
The specs are: 440 +.055 block, 4.375"bore, -17cc dish pistons, 4.25 stroke, 7.100" H beam rods, compression height 1.480". The crank runs big block Chevy sized journals, so no clearancing was needed on the block. With my Eddy 78cc heads gives me 10.66 compression. All forged components with Clevite 77 bearings. Eddy aluminum heads, Eddy Performer RPM intake, ProSystem 950HP carb with a one inch four hole spacer. The cam is a Comp Cams XE 295HL hydraulic with .564 lift and .251/.257 @ .050. It idles nicely at 1000rpm. The valvetrain includes roller rockers. Schumacker Tri-Y headers into 2.5" exhaust through Flowmaster mufflers and short pipes exiting just in front of the rear tires.
Behind this is a 727 with Mopar Performance internals and a TCI 3500 stall converter. In back is a narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.55 Suregrip. Brakes have been upgraded with large Road Runner drums in back, Road Runner spindles with Chrysler Cordoba Discs in front. These are manually assisted (no power).
This is in a 73 Dart Sport. It has been mini-tubbed and the subframes have been tied including a driveshaft loop. It has a full stock bench seat interior with a B&M shifter and Sun Tach and Gauges as the only deviations.

I have no Dyno numbers, sorry.

Oh, it's drivable. Just waiting for this 60+ inches of snow to disappear. My next project, before spring is to relocate the battery to the trunk.

-
Back