My '63 Dart /6 build

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Posted before but got deleted by outage. Waiting on head work still and then I'll be burning rubber...

Here is my '63 Dodge Dart /6 project.
cliff084.jpg

day1.jpg

day4.jpg

230 ci Slant Six
9.8:1 cr
268 Clifford mech cam
.040 os pistons
ported/polished + os valve head
balanced/polished crank/rod assembly
390 cfm Holley
4bbl Clifford intake
Clifford shorty headers
2'' dual exhaust

In the next year or two, soon to have 4-71 blower...

Engine assembly/parts.

cliff100.jpg

Cliff009.jpg

Cliff010.jpg

GM HEI upgrade
Cliff003.jpg

SBP '73 Kelsey Hayes disk brakes
passside.jpg

,Cliff

Looking real good, Intake disk brakes !!!!!! dang nice :cheers:

Looks GREAT!! I think you will find that 268 cam lacking though. Keep up the good work.
Did you do the paint and body work yourself?
Frank

that looks cool , its got the pro touring look going on. glad to see ya sticking with a slant six instead of swapping to an eight.also nice to see some 4 door love.i will be watching for updates on the motor build.

Looks GREAT!! I think you will find that 268 cam lacking though. Keep up the good work.
Did you do the paint and body work yourself?
Frank

So bad choice on the 268 huh? The paint is more of a cover up really. I don't have the patients or a place to do a complete tear down and repaint.

Very nice looking car. What is rim size?

They are 17"x7" 215 40 front and 215 55 rear.

that looks cool , its got the pro touring look going on. glad to see ya sticking with a slant six instead of swapping to an eight.also nice to see some 4 door love.i will be watching for updates on the motor build.

The wheels aren't what I thought they'd be on the car. Maybe looking for some Torque Thrust w grey mags. I wanted to be different, 4dr /6 sleeper.

,Cliff

Any idea on the offset of those wheels? I have some 17x7's on newer car that has the right bolt pattern .

I have an 1.5" adapter on them. They need to be centered, so on 7" they should be 3.5". Or measure from hub face w a straight edge to inner fender and back to rear leaf or upper ball joint in front.

,Cliff

-
Back