My '63 Dart wagon gets new panels, and more

-

brad2v

Reaction score
So, in October of last year, my daily driver Dart wagon ruptured a brake hose in traffic. Having the original single pot master cylinder, instant no brakes, and POW! Right into the back of a late model SUV. Buggered fender, hood, grille, bumper, but luckily no structural damage to it or me. So after hibernating through a particularly long winter, I rebuilt the brakes, and upgraded to a dual reservoir master. I also took this opportunity to install my ancient M/T Rader wheels. This still left me with a bent car. Perusing the classifieds on here, member 37Fleetwood was parting a '63 Dart, and we were already planning a California trip in the summer. So we made the detour out to his place in the desert. He and I pulled the complete front clip, with the exception of the left fender in 108 degree heat. For a guy from a part of the world that rarely, if ever, gets that hot, honestly, it was kinda fun. Due in no small part to Scott being a terrific guy. So, thanks again to you Scott, and here's some pics with the new panels installed. The ol' girl rides again! And yes, I am running it without the front bumper, I think it looks way better. And further to that, yes, it is slated to get paint.

Attachments

• Dart 0914 006_opt.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Dart 0914 014_opt.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 159
  • Dart 0914 008_opt.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 171
Very cool. I'm building a 64 Dart wagon. Big block.

Ray

Love the wagon! There's just something about beater early As that really gets me going!

-
Back