My 68 fury III , ratty survivor , pics and update :)

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
Hi guys ! New pics of my ratty 68 fury , the car that didnt run for 22 years.. Left for dead and back on the road now ! 6th-7th ride with it? Goes very good , New brakes , tires, carb ,tune up , electrical repairs , New exhaust and muffler , starter etc : plans are to make it perfect as possible on the mecanic side...and for the looks it Will be sanded down to the red color ( factory paint ) what you see is some bad overspray in the 80s , fix all the rust , tint windows and redo the interior , but all for the cheapest way possible, shes à rat rod and will always stay like that , i wont put 40k into this cR but i dont mind spending some quality time and enjoy the car !! It drives good , nice simple 318 engine , have a 360 magnum crate for it . But not now , lets enjoy the beauty of it as is :)

20230630_172346.jpg

20230630_192649.jpg

20230630_192645.jpg

20230630_185536.jpg

20230630_185526.jpg

20230630_185546.jpg

20230705_185251.jpg

20230705_183655.jpg

20230705_185303.jpg

20230714_235044.jpg

Very cool, glad I'm not the only one with one of these on fabo lol

I'm into A bodies first but I found this at a local auction.

I couldn't pass it up for the price and the price stayed low because the hood latch was broken and the hood couldn't be opened and they told everyone it had a 318. When I got it home and got the hood open, it's actually a 383 4 bbl. In there and its even the original one too.

C bodies are not very popular now, but seems like their day to shine is coming.

20181105_075909.jpg

Nice, looks like you got some help, too!!! The FIRST car I remember as a kid was Daddy's mint green Fury III. Looks exactly like that, so I think a 68. This was 1970, I was 5. I'd like to get one someday. Tip...I also remember absolutely burning myself because I grew up in Alabama, he parked it in the sun, and he had put cheap clear plastic seat protectors on it...don't do that!

", fix all the rust , tint windows and redo the interior , but all for the cheapest way possible, shes à rat rod and will always stay like that , i wont put 40k into this cR but i dont mind spending some quality time and enjoy the car !! It drives good , nice simple 318 engine"

Exactly! Nice ride.

Love those sports roof Furys! Keep it a tick ratty and make good memories with the kiddos!!

Sweet Fury! There's nothing like a couple of tons of steel to make a statement going down the road.

Just curious, in your first post, what's with the green tape on your tire?

Thx guys , it means a lot to me, ive started to strong and to much in 2002 with my dad , with my 74 cuda back in the day , having à 100 point car and shoot 100k is no fun...not a all...for what it is , buying a solid and ratty mopar and drive it and having fun for cheap is the ticket...at least for me...in this crazy expensive world and limiter $$$$$, my Duster a semi-ratty car , its been like that since 2008 and i drive **** out of it...i take care of it , but theres not trailer Queen here !

Nice Fury! I remember back in the 80's... there was a young guy who had a '68 white Fury I 2 door. Had a wicked 440 big block in it. Sounded like it had a BIG solid cam in it! He would cruise Gratiot Ave, and look for races every weekend. Good times! Your Fury took me back to that time!

Very cool car! Looks like you have saved it. Story is similar to Vixen. She sat since about 1980 until January of 2019 when I dragged her hone and got her runnin and drivin. She's been doin it ever since.

Thx guys ! I means a lot to me :) , its the first factory stock engine that i run....beside a slant 6 , never ran a stock mopar, the 318 2bbl moves the fury surprisingly well , im a sleeper build fanatic and i am always wondering these days how well 318 2bbl can be , i have my 400hp duster for fun, but a healthy small v8 confy cruiser is the goal...at least for now :) *** but with attitude ahahhaah

Very cool, glad I'm not the only one with one of these on fabo lol

I'm into A bodies first but I found this at a local auction.

I couldn't pass it up for the price and the price stayed low because the hood latch was broken and the hood couldn't be opened and they told everyone it had a 318. When I got it home and got the hood open, it's actually a 383 4 bbl. In there and its even the original one too.

C bodies are not very popular now, but seems like their day to shine is coming.

View attachment 1716138921
Super cool,I look forward to seeing more updates on it

-
Back