My 69 Dodge Dart GT Convertible Restomod

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, I've been on this site along time now gleaming info and asking questions with out having properly introducing my car.

My Dad bought a 67 Dart GT Convertible from a junkyard and started working on it when he was 14. I grew up with weekly cruises in and I loved it! Some of my best memories are from sitting in the back of his Dart and driving through the mountains. Ever since then, I knew I wanted a Dart just like his.

I bought this 69 Dodge Dart GT Convertible about 3 years ago during the spring of my Sophmore year of College. I picked it up just north of Las Vegas. When I bought it, it was pretty plane jane. The only power option was the roof. The original slant six was pulled and a 318 dropped in its place ( that 318 has now been pulled and I have another slant six in there for now ). I have already upgraded the brakes to power, large bolt pattern disc brakes. I also added power steering. The roof was replaced 2 winters ago. This past winter, my mom re-did my seats for me for my birthday/Chritsmas present. The stitching she replicated with 'Dodge Dart' which is pretty sweet.

My goals with this Dart are to make it a comfortable daily driver but still with some power. I am wanting to add a/c to the car, power windows and locks (which, once I have done that, I will redo the door panels with the same 'Dodge Dart' stitching. I have a lot of rust issues I need to deal with ( but thankfully nothing wrong with the floor pans or frame rails ). I am waffling between turbo'ing the slant six or dropping in a new 3G hemi.

The going will be slow since the money is tight, but I am trying to do most things myself so I can save money.

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart3.jpg

dart4.jpg

Gotta turbo the 6 its the joy of 6 after all! I am always looking at 6 A bodies I see for sale. One day I think I'm gonna pick one up and make a super 6 w/ a super charger that is very cool.... Cool seats BTW

Keep at it and you will not be sorry. I have been working on my 67 Dart GT and have it to a place that I am proud of. Started off looking like I made a mistake in buying it.

Dart - New - Top On.jpg

welcome to for a bodies only! nice car you have there. i always wanted a 68- 69 dart..i have a 70. :)

-
Back