My 71 340 duster

-

Jeffsrt

6.33 in the 1/8th
Reaction score
Hey All. Ive been a member here now for a few months but never shared my story. So here goes.

It starts with my first car ever. A 71 duster. Orginally /6. Of course that didnt last for too long before we swapped a 340/727-8.75 combo in it. It ran good but the rusted body/frame didnt last to long after that.
IMG_0439.jpg

After bracket racing my srt-4 last season I decided to go another route.Front wheel drive and 5 speed isnt the easiest car to bracket race. Now living in Georgia I was sure I could find a solid body car. Took about a week to find it! Not mint by any means but suited my needs. Check out the pictures after about a month of work on it.
IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

The car had the usual rust. New floor boards from year one along with rear quater panel patch panels fixed that. Sold the slant and tranny that was in it and we were on our way.
IMG_0745.jpg

Continuing the body work..Mostly done in the backyard. Not the greatest place to be working.
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

But a few months later we were almost done! That was a great feeling. I had plenty of great weather days that enabled me to pretty much do everything outside. I would not recommend that however. Now its time to get the engine in! But first the engine bay needs paint!
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Removing engine from parts car..
IMG_0154c.jpg

Like magic going into new car..
IMG_0193s.jpg

More body work and we're ready to cut in the jambs.
IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

All down hill from here!
IMG_0387.jpg

Due to a few rain outs this season and lots of help from my brother and dad I was able to get to the first race this year!

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

68 block .030 over 340
10.5 forged pistons/stock rods?
Not sure what heads.
Mopar purple cam...484 lift
mopar m1 single plane intake
holley 650
tti headers
Car runs great. It needs a different converter though.

-
Back