My 72 duster with 440

-

Arco440

Reaction score
OK this is my first post I have had the car for several years. OK more like 15. The car has a very healthy 440 .30 over with 452 casting heads.I run 1 5/8 in body headers long tube collector manual reversed locked out 727 with 3:55 gears in the rear.From the pictures I have posted you can see some of the things i have done to make it mine.Like a motor plate Be cool rad with electric fans March serpentine belt set up firm feel steering box and circle track 1.09 diameter torsion bars disc brakes all around.I made my own disc brakes for the rear and used Magnum force upper control arms up front.Oh and i installed new painless wiring harness with a Nordskog digital gages. I'm thinking I'm going to go with a carbon fiber grey metallic paint with black bumpers grill and door handles:love7:.

Hey thanks but I have been here for a while just pooped my post cherry!! And will do as i get to more projects on my duster.I'll try to get pics of things like upper control arms and rear disc brakes ia made.

welcome buddy. cool car. like the digital gauges! tell us more, as we are all interested!

OK you guys asked for more info so i will tell you about my disc brakes.I started with drum which needed replacing.So i set out to make my own rear disc .For a rotor i used a jeep Cherokee front disc and had center opened to the rear hub size.Than i made a bracket to attach to my rear axle which was designed to use a doorman caliper bracket this is an after market part available at local parts store. The bracket is for a 1989 Crownvic i used the Crownvic front caliper and hoses to .I went with these as they are a low volume caliper.Than i made a place to bolt the brake line to axle housing.I had to use the front left on the right rear and so on.This puts the bleeders pointing up.I will try to get pictures soon.The next step is to use a Toyota Mr2 electric power steering pump to power the hydro-boost .I'm going with electric because i have no room for vacuum booster and very little engine vacuum.And having an engine plate it will mounting a power steering pump more trouble and i have limited room under hood any way.

ok this is the disc brakes i designed.i have to take back off and re paint as it was done 3 years ago and my grage is very damp so rust is a never ending battle.

Attachments

• IM000731.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IM000730.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IM000729.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IM000728.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IM000727.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 108
-