My 72 Swinger Project

-

dran42

72 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the A-Bodies forum. I think I'll like it here... I asked my first question to 5.7dart & he answered it right away, so I hope the whole community is like that.

This is my first Mopar, but I do remember my father brought home a used Daytona Superbird, and my Mom came unglued at what she called a hiddious car, Of course my dad took it back & got a Torino GT (I hear my dad tell that story over and over) & he wishes he'd got that Daytona. I'm 40 yrs old & I remember all the muscle cars running around.

My project is a 72 Dart Swinger, its powerplant is a 360, 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 gears, the body wasnt bad except around the rear wheels. I'm changing the color to a sunset fire pearl, with a black tail stripe. The interior is getting a make over too. Its due to come out of paint next week and I cant wait to get it back. This is the car when I picked it up.

0641304163222.jpg

untitled1a.jpg

Welcome to FABO. :-D Lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Great looking Swinger you've got. Looks like you're well on your way with the restoration. The color choice sounds beautiful.

Welcome. Looks like you are doing a fine job on your Dart. I also have a '72 Dart. I finished most items: interior, paint (I changed it from gold to red) I am so glad I took my son's color choice it is nice. I completed the suspension and cleaned up the motor and all the other stuff and now to save up for the bigger small block engine. I currently have a nice 318 but I want the 360. I will start on it next month if all goes well. But I love driving it now and want to get more in before I start in on the other engine work. Again, my compliments on a very nice car.

Thanks, The color choice was from seeing this car in the sunlight at the local Shine & Show. I'm using all PPG products, Plus its kind of like the original copper color the dart had in 1970, with a bit more orange.

picture 024a.jpg

Well southside, if you still dont have a 360 by winter this one will be for sale. I have a 440 on a engine stand that is to go in it over the winter. Some of my friends say I'm crazy for putting back the 360 just for one summer, but I want to drive it now! I dont have enough funds to complete the 440 portion just yet.

Welcome. Looks like you are doing a fine job on your Dart. I also have a '72 Dart. I finished most items: interior, paint (I changed it from gold to red) I am so glad I took my son's color choice it is nice. I completed the suspension and cleaned up the motor and all the other stuff and now to save up for the bigger small block engine. I currently have a nice 318 but I want the 360. I will start on it next month if all goes well. But I love driving it now and want to get more in before I start in on the other engine work. Again, my compliments on a very nice car.

The Dart is looking good, the color choice sounds good as well. Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get it out. Good luck

Very cool! When I first got my Sedan, I considered the new Go ManGo factory Mopar color. Then I talked to a friend who painted a Cuda that color, and found out that paint is really expensive.

Wheel & Tires: Well, I dont have em picked out yet. But I do have a set of cragar ss 15" that I could use. I also talked to 5.7dart on here and he has the boyd cottington, I might do those. I'm in the car business so I have some contacts that allow me to try different wheels before I buy them. So; I dont know just yet.

Thanks for the info. dran42, Sorry I did not get right back regarding the 360. I wrote the reply then my family headed me off on vacation. I just got back and will keep you offer in mind. Thanks. I like you color choice alot!!!

-
Back