My 727

-

MOPARTEEN

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got done cleaning up my tranny for the dart. I know it is against the grain to paint a 727 orange like a 4 speed but i figured you cant see it unless you get up under plus it looks pretty cool with the chrome trany pan. Also i think i can do something new or different than the same old thing (silver). It is going to be in the car after paint so i had to get it ready. Wutcha think?

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

I painted mine silver and wish i had painted mine orange now.Guess it will get a coat of orange when the stall converter comes in,lol

001.jpg

005.jpg

045.jpg

Actually looks pretty nice. Purists are probably cringing, but who cares. Actually the only way to get one to look original is to bead blast it and give it a coat of clear or something. Lots of work.

I think it looks great and am going to do the same with mine, good job

Bob ,its Don, you sell Joes old 392 yet? got my dart advertised in the post today, things arent selling well are they. remember the parts I sold you when I moved from caloosa? the 67 big block k frame and mount, the 67 to 69 cuda stuff? the 440, onna miss joe a lot as he was going to buy my 74 duster and stick that 392 hemi in it,he was supose to come look at it a week before he died, its for sale if you know anyone interested in it ,sorry to hear about your son, joe told me before he died,what about the guy with the 69 opel kadette 440 wagon? I asume hes dead also, he was a miserable guy to deal with and I spent the afternoon trying to help him fix it, lost oil pressure, why havnt ya been out at the track? Hows fred doing? that lil **** tommy rodreguiz is something else ,hahahaa first he spends 50k to try to get into the 10s with a 340 duster, I sold him the current duster he has original H code for 100 bux cause I felt sorry for him but he was suppose to give me the manual steering column and the 8 3/4 rear with 3.91,if ya know anyone interested in the 71 dart or the 74 duster let me know.772-807-9009 both are beautiful cars and priced to sell. you old sob its been a long time since weve met.Lemme know when your gonna hit the track. I got some good 230 and 72 630 blocks and trans for sale and a couple 340s.you take care of yourself bob ,good seeing you here, Don

if the dart dont sell im going to make it street legal,it runs 10.60s now leaving the line with 28 by 10.5 mh slix launching at 1700 rpm .has a transbrake but im afraid it will blow the pinion out of the case so I run it a lil slower but car has been 9.98s but not with me in it heh

I think painting the tranny is awesome! I bought one from TCI and it came painted a metallic gun-metal grey color. Very cool! Its almost a shame to hide the painted tranny's that very few will ever see once installed.

SANY0094.JPG

I got one from tci (part number 112000) I thought that i was going to have to paint it but it arrived painted. I like the pan they gave me too. Is your orange trans from tci aswell?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments and no it is Chrysler Hemi orange (not chevy orange!). It is a tci and it came silver but i didnt like it and wanted to be a little different. Purist im sorry but people who want to be different your welcome.

I think it looks great. I did my 904 the same color the last time I had it out.8)
Very clean looking and easy to clean.

That's not the same orange the hemi's engines were painted with .But what the outside of the cars called hemi orange were painted with,just like chevy orange engine paint

eh...i think it looks great and i just may do that with my 904...trend-setter???

That's not the same orange the hemi's engines were painted with .But what the outside of the cars called hemi orange were painted with,just like chevy orange engine paint

Dude I am kind of insulted about you saying that I would paint my 727 Chevy Orange let alone anything Chevy Orange. So I have provided some photo evidence for my case. And it is my understanding there is Street HEMI Orange and Race HEMI orange and mine is Street HEMI orange. Also I painted my 360 with this paint so I guess I painted that chevy orange to.

DSC02554.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

Well that is chrysler orange,sorry .But the hemi's street and race were painted a paler version of orange.

Engine looks good

-
Back