My 73 Duster Project

-

73NorthernDuste

Reaction score
Well I got my 73 duster after searching and searching for an old mopar that wasn't all rusted out. I live in Ontario, Canada and everything from up here is rotten. I had a 69 dart gt when I was sixteen and was looking for something to bring back some memories and to work on in my spare time to destress (ha). I wanted another dart or a cuda fastback but no luck. I came across the duster at moparfest not too far from home and it was a no rust arizona car. Price was a bit steep but I didn't have to get it back here or across the border, and with no rust I bought it against my wife's wishes....

It's been two and a bit years and it is finally starting to come back together. I left the original six in it but rebuilt it with a little performance in mind. Shaved the head .100, bigger valves, isky racing cam etc etc..... I've redone the entire drive line and put disc brakes up front.

It went off to paint on May 18 and came back on the 25th. Just the decals and a few touch ups to do now. Now comes the fun part trying to remember where all these parts laying around my house go.

here is a link to my picture gallery...let me know what you think..I'll post more to the gallery as the reassembly goes on.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1712

Brent

Love those Dusters. You should have a nice one when finished. With the price of gas, the /6 makes more sense all the time.

-
Back