my 74 dart project

-
well a few months have passed so ill update my progress. the engine is running pretty good anfter sitting for 6 yrs. i now have brakes
installed , ended up using b body 10x2.5" shoes and drums on the back, rebuilt the front calipers. , i had strange engineering make up the driveshaft . i now can move the car in and out of the garage under its own power. i need to tune the demon carb. its running real rich . i took a break from the mechanical work and started on the body issues. ive gotten all the metal and bondo work done and im doing final sanding and priming. For now ill touch up the spots that needed the work with the silver color the car was painted. in a couple years i plan to go to a sherwood green . the interior is green so it would match then.

DCFN0001.JPG

well over a year has past since the last post and the car is almost driveable now i just lack a few details, such as carb tuning, wheel alignment, and i need to get some kind of fan shroud on. also redid the ignition system with msd coil, box and wires.
ive moved the battery to the trunk also . so it wont be too long and ill be on the road.

Looks nice!
Glad to see what it looks like to put the earlier (70-73) style rear sidemarkers on a 74!
I'm in the process of redoing my rear quarters right now, and I am going to do the same thing.
I also like that color, kind of reminds me of Winchester Grey.

Very Nice!!!
Not many members got comments in on this build it happened so fast!

Good Job.

I was wondering....noticed you went from Copper Radiator with dual electric fans to Aluminum with flex fan.....Did you have any cooling issues leading up to the change over...or is it just for better looks?

-
Back