My '74 Dart Sport Project

-
the only black mopar used their engine bays were the fender wells in C Bodies and late B bodies. chebrolet painted all their engine bays black. just an FYI. very nice work.

Guess I'm strange...when ever I pull parts off .....I always clean them up and paint em before putting them back on. Must be a Navy thing. :)

You should be stopping much better now.

You guys out west sure are lucky, I've got 12k worth of bodywork into my car to fix the rust and it's not even painted yet. Hell I'd have been hard pressed to find a car in the condition you parts car is in! Good luck with the project!

You guys out west sure are lucky, I've got 12k worth of bodywork into my car to fix the rust and it's not even painted yet. Hell I'd have been hard pressed to find a car in the condition you parts car is in! Good luck with the project!

yup.

Thanks fella's. My plans are to get all the mechanicals sorted out and do a little driving then pull my calipers and drums and paint them red. By the end of the summer I'll be runnin new rolling stock with 235 or 245s all the way around as well as front and rear sway bars.

Progress:
I took it to a friend of mines shop to let it spend some time with him so that he can install all the bushings (didn't have the tools to do them and didn't have the knowledge, that'd be a helluva sticky to have on here eh?), align the front end, tighten up the steering, give everything the once over, reinstall the A/C and get it working. Once all that is back together, the next step right now is to get a new fuel tank and sending unit as well as go back to factory mechanical fuel pump. No pictures this time but I hope I see her home in the next week. She's in good hands at a long time Mopar friend of my dads, otherwise it'd still be sitting at home!

Update:

The guy I bought my Dart from come and bought my Duster parts car to give his race car a new life. His needed all the body panels and glass from the Duster. Looks like that old Duster is going to live on in more than one car! Hopefully Ill be going to pick up my Dart Sport today or tomorrow so I can get it home and drive it.

Update:

Got my car back from my buddies shop with the bushings installed, wheels aligned, brakes setup and a few odds and ends checked out. Car drives GREAT! I picked up a shackle to raise the rear up to help with header clearance as well. I added a PCV over the weekend and drilled a few holes in the gas cap to keep it from dying after it warms up driving. My next plan of attack is to work on getting a new fuel tank, sending unit and getting the gauge working correctly.

5e9f0682.jpg

It looks much better now with the front end aligned and the ride height in the front set, I'm going to raise the rear an inch to get my headers to clear a lot better

-
Back