My '79 Cordoba Kat

-

Brenda65

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am Brenda and I have done some posting recently about some of the hard starts I have had with my 1979 Chrysler Cordoba. My cars name is "Kat", named after my aunt that gave her to me LOL.

Kat has a 225 slant 6 with Edlebrock carb. Being a single female myself (49), I have limited knowledge under her hood. I have had her many years now. Recently back in April/May I spent a good amount of $$$ with my mechanic with this hard starting issue, it improved for a bit and about 2 weeks ago it came back in full force. I can't afford at the moment to go back to the mechanic, thus I am here for support from all of you, as I am sure I am not the only with an old hard start mopar.

Thanks for all your help!

Brenda

lets see a picture of the engine !

as you may already know , air , fuel (fuel pump, filter, carburetor) and spark (ignition, timing) make an engine run. if one of those things are less than adequate, you get a hard start/no start condition. pictures of what you have going on go miles around here LOL

Lots of things to check from a starting point with a unknown.
First thing to check is that battery is in charged condition and power and ground cables have clean tight connections on both ends.

What exactly happens when you turn the key?

Can you go through a sequence and describe what happens including the sounds?

What exactly happens when you turn the key?

Can you go through a sequence and describe what happens including the sounds?

Sure- turn the key over- rrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrr

teases like it wants to catch and wont alot of times and naturally when it does this I am fighting with it as you probably know from experience yourself.

Welcome!

I would have to say that pics of this car and its engine will be some eye candy because you will find that there is a huge following for slant sixes. :burnout:

Hey is this thing a "lean burn" engine? I had a '76 Fury with a lean burn engine and I can't count how many times I was banging on the computer housing located in the air cleaner to get it to start. The lean burn computer was loaded with cold solder joints. I finally just disconnected to computer and I replaced the distributer with a points based unit, problem solved.

welcome I have never seen a cordoba with a slant bb and smb but never a slant good luck getting her fixed

-
Back