My A-Body story part duex....

-

SSS Bass

Reaction score
My A-Body story part duex.. You may want to read ‘My A-Body Story’ first before reading this story. It will make more sense and eliminates redundancy. Located in the ‘Welcome’ area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, once again, a couple friends gather at the end of the driveway of my house to pop a few cool ones before heading off for our afternoon jobs. This would now be summer time 1971.
My mother, who would be in her early 40’s at the time, needed to pick up some things at the corner store for dinner that night and asked me if she could borrow my Duster for this task. Of course I said yes and gave her the keys.
Now, my Mom never had been in my car for even a ride since I bought it new let alone with the mods I had done to the car.
She casually opened the driver’s side door and slid onto the bucket seat. She then slid the key into the ignition and twisted the 340 to life. The engine roared then came down to a 900 RPM idle.
First, let me say that my mother was the poster girl for conservatism. Yet something happened that day out there on our driveway. She looked over at us and what appeared to be an evil smile come over her face. We all looked at each other and then back at my mom who was now out in the street and about to put the car into drive.
Jokingly, we all did the ‘spin the wheels’ gesture with our hands. Mom stepped on the accelerator and proceeded to put about 20’ of rubber down. She stopped the car, I think to catch her breath, and rolled down about six houses to stop and talk to a neighbor.
As we continued to watch, about another 20 feet went down to the pavement as she disappeared toward the boulevard. We couldn’t help but laugh our butts off at this most unusual event that just happened.
About 20 minutes later she rolls back into the driveway and says “Thanks that was fun” and into the house she disappears.
Again, laughs rang out at the end of the driveway….
True story!
Best regards,
John A.

Me and my sister,I was 10 or so and she was 13 or so,hugger orange camaro w/cragars pulls up next to "mom" at the stoplight on eastwest highway(hyattsville md.)revvin up the motor,were in this old blue plymouth thing,on the way to school,mom never even looks over,were in the back seat,1964 belvedere(no seat belts)all us kid's could do is wave........gooodbye!!!!!!,at the next light they asked "mom" what was under the hood "a motor"is all she had to say! Lol 420 super stocker cross ram,pushbutton auto and "cheater slicks"mom still tells stories,Id better rephrase that "Truth"about that old car when she comes by and hangs out at the bonfire at my house,me and my buddies could hear that story every week and it never changes and it never gets old.

-
Back