My "Barn-Find" Auto Parts Store

-

dibbons

Reaction score
No computers, no employees at Logan Auto Parts in La Paz, BCS, Mexico. I only deal with the owner (nobody else there) who did not even ask what make and model I was working on. I just handed him the front wheel bearings and seals and a single point distributor from the '65 Barracuda. It only took a minute for him to reference stuff in a couple of books, he went to the back and brought out the correct parts. Opens half a day on Sundays.

How does he price merchandise? Just makes it up as he goes, as far as I could tell. First he was looking at his cell phone and making notes on a tiny scrap of paper. Then he used a desktop calculator and gave me the total of $830.00 Mexican Pesos (about $41.50 in USD). No rct. today, but he does make one out if I ask.

The bearings and races are made in Japan and the National oil seals are made in USA. The point set was not boxed, so I have no idea country of origin (but based on the shelf wear, can't possibly be from China). I never saw a set of ignition points with the condenser built-in but here you have it (some shelf rust on the surface of the condenser).

Ever since I watched the Uncle Tony's Garage segment regarding the topic of inferior ignition points now flooding the market, I have been interested in stockpiling some quality old stuff. If anyone can find that youtube episode of UTG that describes how to determine quality points vs junk points, please post it for me (us). I made a quick internet search but I could not find it.

Condenser is imprinted on bottom "Heavy MYLAR duty USA"

logan autoparts.jpeg

front bearings and seals.JPG

ignition points.JPG

Condenser.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back