My battery is getting drained bad

-

Mo Power

Reaction score
Ok well I've noticed that now with my swinger in the garage it can't start in the morning the battery is dead and I always have to jump it. I mean after its jumped it's fine through the day and it has a new battery. And I noticed my fusible link is melted slightly on the plastic connector and when I touched it the car wouldn't turn over and no power inside and then touched it again and everything worked again. So I'm wondering could this be one of many causes for my battery getting drained.

I fried an ampmeter when I installed an 80 amp alternator. The ampmeter was set up to go +/- 40 amps. It died when I tried to start the car with a nearly dead battery. The symptom was the car would crank and start, but as soon as the key was released to the Run position, the car died. Quick solution was to put both ampmeter leads on the same post, by-passing the instrument.

The things I have seen take down batteries are anti-theft systems and electronic radios (the ones that use memory in the radio to store station choices rather than mechanically connected pushbuttons). I've also seen underhood and trunk lights take down systems when the lights were controlled by mercury switches and the car was parked on a steep grade.

Pic

rsz_2IMG_0005.jpg

Well I'm not a wiring wize but so how'd you bypass the amp exactly you just connected the two wires leading to the amp meter? And I ran into a problem today cause I just put a new alternator in it and had a battery charger on it and then when I turned to the key to run position the fusible link burned up all the way to the bulk head. So I don't know what I should do cause I need a running car and the link was already by the looks of it was suffering when I bought it cause it was already kinda melted on the plastic connector.

-
Back