My Best Friend Made This Guitar, R.I.P.

-

alleyoopmgv

Reaction score
My Best Friend Made This Guitar back in the early 90's. He taught me how to play quite a few songs..................

One year ago today, he died. I received this guitar from his wife a while back ago, she told me, "he would've wanted me to have it".

It's my most prized possession.

I miss you buddy!

R.I.P. Hans Paulson

Attachments

• 20140109_204019.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 274
  • eternal-memory-memories-love-sad-quotes-pictures-quote-pics-images-saying-600x806.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 254
Really nice tribute thread for your friend & a cool treasure for you from his wife..... :thumblef:

A year goes by so fast...........

That is one sweet axe !!
I love it !!
Reminds me of Randy Rhodes v hence the polka dots .
I'm sorry for your loss !!!
You will be in my prayers that God will give you peace that surpasses all understanding .
I lost my Dad on May 7 last year and I got a telecaster he had . He taught me my first chords and of coarse smoke on the water !!!
I play his tele more then all my others at the moment .
I put dimarzio transition pickups in it and love it !!

What pickup is in that sweet explorer ?
One big blessing every time you play it you will think of him !!
God Bless
Jim

Your best friend was quite a craftsman, as well as very kind to teach you those songs.

That was a nice thing his wife did, letting you have the guitar he made.

I lost my closest friend 20 years ago. Often I'll be aware that the way I do something came from him. But still there are moments I'll know only he would appreciate that I wish I could share with him. Prayers sent to ease your pain.

That is badass. You have something very nice to remember your friend by. Not that you probably needed anything, but having something to hold is really cool.

That is one sweet axe !!
I love it !!
Reminds me of Randy Rhodes v hence the polka dots .
I'm sorry for your loss !!!
You will be in my prayers that God will give you peace that surpasses all understanding .
I lost my Dad on May 7 last year and I got a telecaster he had . He taught me my first chords and of coarse smoke on the water !!!
I play his tele more then all my others at the moment .
I put dimarzio transition pickups in it and love it !!

What pickup is in that sweet explorer ?
One big blessing every time you play it you will think of him !!
God Bless
Jim

Thanks! As far as the pick-ups and whatnot, I don't really know what kind they are? Polka dots were my buddy's trademark. Every guitar he built had polka dots.
Sorry for your loss also, and thank you for the kind words!

sweet

a friend of mine has a 59 Les Paul

about a decade ago he had decide to have it refinished/tended to
the topcoat had worn through from all the playing and there were a few little screws missing
he had heard from a friends friend about this guy who had known Les personally who supposedly had some original hardware laying around to replace the missing screws

well, it took the guy months and months to get the guitar back to him and my buddy was starting to think he would never see the guitar again

until one day the doorbell rang, UPS with a special delivery
on the box was a little note from the guy who fixed and refinished the guitar apologizing for the delay and that he hoped what was left under the topcoat would make up for it

my buddy opened the box and found all the missing screws replaced with original hardware and a beautiful shiny new top coat
underneath the top coat was the unmistakable signature of one Les Paul
apparently the guy fixing the guitar actually did know Les and he had happened to come by his shop while he was working on my buddies guitar
they got to talking about the axe and when the guy expressed his frustration about how long it took him to get it back together (had a hard time finding the right hardware) and Les decided to sign the guitar to make it worth the wait for my buddy

Cool guitar! It's been a year already? Time flies, I bet you miss him everyday.....Just know he is up there smiling every time you pick it up to play....very neat thing to have!

sweet

the topcoat had worn through from all the playing and there were a few little screws missing
he had heard from a friends friend about this guy who had known Les personally who supposedly had some original hardware laying around to replace the missing screws

well, it took the guy months and months to get the guitar back to him and my buddy was starting to think he would never see the guitar again

on the box was a little note from the guy who fixed and refinished the guitar apologizing for the delay and that he hoped what was left under the topcoat would make up for it

my buddy opened the box and found all the missing screws replaced with original hardware and a beautiful shiny new top coat
apparently the guy fixing the guitar actually did know Les and he had happened to come by his shop while he was working on my buddies guitar
they got to talking about the axe and when the guy expressed his frustration about how long it took him to get it back together (had a hard time finding the right hardware) and Les decided to sign the guitar to make it worth the wait for my buddy

Bad *** story.

sweet

That is a vey cool story

-
Back