My buddy's new (to him) car..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Cool car, better have a good mechanic...they can be a money pit if you get one that has problems.

Cool car, better have a good mechanic...they can be a money pit if you get one that has problems.

I would think the parts would be cheap and readily available .
it is a beautiful car and I bet it sticks to the road like sh%t to a wool blanket .

Stick to the road like chit to a wool blanket :D I am going to remember that one Jim :glasses7:

Was this the year and body style they made the submersible car out of ?
What is the value on this ride I wounder.

I said the same thing about it..i owned British cars for long time but as long as you stay up on preventative maintenance, they don't give you problems..but the first thing he did was to put in a new timing belt...and a c-service , what ever that is...

Jim, he is from Corwall, PEI.

65vart, he bought it up around you..he lives in Markham, I think..for some reason, I always think Ajax but that isn't right.. .

This may be it..

http://lotusclubcanada.ca/Public/For_Sale/Entries/2014/5/21_1996_Esprit_S4s_files/shapeimage_1.png

1996 Esprit S4s

1995 S4s - The Pinnacle of the Esprit's evolution !

Black with grey leather interior
34,123 pampered miles
S/N SCCFD30C3SHF 63088
4 Cyl 2.2 litre chargecooled turbo producing 300hp !!
1 of 332 incredible sports cars produced as the ultimate in the Lotus
Esprit's 4 cylinder turbo evolution! (only 145 of those were sold in the US).

I am relocating for an extended period outside of North America and must part with my '95 Esprit S4s. Having owned a number of Lotus models, I always aspired to find a beautiful S4s. To me they represent the pinnacle of the 4cylinder Esprit's evolution as one of the best performance sports cars available. ( If you are unfamiliar with
Esprits check out www.espritfactfile.com) After a lengthy search I found the car listed here and have absolutely loved owning it. It looks great and performs even better ! It is a heartbreak to part with it.

Purchased in 2007 with 29,235 miles on it from a careful owner who had purchased it in 2002 from a private seller in California. The car runs perfect (just received 2014 Ontario Emissions pass) and has been garage stored since purchase. It comes with both the standard fibreglass and the optional glass roof panels as well as a custom fit car cover. Level 5 chip and holder ( new - not installed)

Have only had to do one item to the car and that was a new clutch which was done at 29,934 miles. The clutch line was upgraded to stainless steel at some point prior to my ownership.

The previous owner indicated he had done the following; Timing belt done at 26,000 miles. Fuel vent hose, ABS accumulator, Rubber shift boot ( under the leather one), Transmission oil seal, chargecooler impeller, A/C drier, tensioner, Vbelts, euro cam sprockets, new floor mats, B Service.

The car is fitted with Bridgestone Potenza tires. The previous owner had bought a new set of S4s OZ rims which were fitted to the car when I purchased it.

Interior leather all beautiful with no serious wear (as is common on Esprit driver side panels). Detailed photos available.

I have a range of service records dating back to 2001 in Costa Mesa ,CA .

I said the same thing about it..i owned British cars for long time but as long as you stay up on preventative maintenance, they don't give you problems..but the first thing he did was to put in a new timing belt...and a c-service , what ever that is...

Jim, he is from Corwall, PEI.

65vart, he bought it up around you..he lives in Markham, I think..for some reason, I always think Ajax but that isn't right.. .

close I am from Murray River about 60 miles east of
Cornwall .

I would think the parts would be cheap and readily available .
it is a beautiful car and I bet it sticks to the road like sh%t to a wool blanket .
True, parts are readily available , BUT, they are pricey and the fixes are not cheap. eg my A8 timing belt, quoted 2300.00........got it for 1600.00 done, all im saying is know a good Euro guy. Don't even talk to me about my buddies 911 :D

-
Back