My Dad's 67 Satellite- A bittersweet day

-
About 2 hours after he left I texted him that I only had a few more bolts to go and his 440 would be out....

I waited about 20 minutes with no reply then sent him this picture and said just kidding haha... he said you of all people would actually do that.

20240316_145551.jpg

I don't like receiving anything from people that I didn't work for, pay for, or earn but he said I had to take it. It is a happy feeling knowing I can take care of it for him, but really sad knowing why it's here. Time went too fast.
This really touched me. I had a really bad relationship with my father. You don't know how lucky you are. Proudly own the car and keep it looking good always. Take your dad for rides as often as you can. Cherish him while you can.

That's a sad, but great story. Such a beautiful car that your Dad has taken very good care of. I'm with you on the getting stuff for free and not feeling like you worked for it. But.....you have worked for it without realizing you were even doing it. You have been a son that made your Dad very proud! That is a lot harder to do and much more work than if you'd been the opposite. I'm quite sure he's planned to give you the car long before the Parkinsons diagnosis came up. Just like everyone else has said, spend as much time with him as you can, because that's the only thing in life that we can't get back......time. Thanks for sharing this story with us.

We all have that ticket enjoy them both while you can!

-
Back