My Dads f6 Green 340/4speed Swinger

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
This is a 1976 picture I have of my Dads 69 340/4speed F6 Green swinger. My dad bought this car from its original owner in 1971 for $1500 in Noblesville Indiana. For the next 10 years it could be seen drag (Street) racing in the Elwood Indiana area. I was born in 74 and was brought home from the hospital in this car. How could you not become a life long mopar fan! My Dad still kicks himself today for selling the Dart in 83! A wife and three mouths to feed had something to do with it!
Once in High School from 89 to 93 I searched for the old Dart for a couple years tracking it to about 1988 or 89 or so! I could'nt find anymore info from there! So with no VIN or paper trail I was forced to give up!
The Dart by using a donor car was converted from a 4speed to Auto in the early 80's to help out my Mom!
The only picture I have of the old Swinger car is old and has some kind of plastic rough coating... Something used on pictures in the 70's, It doesnt give the bright green color justice!
I plan to paint my 71 340 Dart clone f6 green!
Thats me waving behind my Mom!

Randy's car.jpg

Sure would be nice to have it today!!
But you have 71 and a great plan.
is that your older sister or long haired brother in the
back seat with you. My hair was strait and black to my shoulder plaids
back in 76. Hope your dart get's that great look you dad's had.

My Dads sister (My Aunt) was riding in the back.
Back in the day when a kid could lay or sleep in the back window watching the stars at night!

That thought sure brings back my child hood,
I allways like laying in the back window and dream with my eye's open.
Thanks for the reminder IndianaDodge :happy10:

My Dads sister (My Aunt) was riding in the back.
Back in the day when a kid could lay or sleep in the back window watching the stars at night!

The package tray was a popular place for kids to lay out back then. It makes me smile thinking of those times now. :happy7:I love the old pictures!!!

I also have the orig hub-caps and Hood emblems from the old swinger. I plan to use the hub-caps on my 71 Dart sometimes!

Do you have the license plate number? Sometimes you can get information that way..Does you dad remember who he sold it to?

Rick

This green Dart (1st photo) turns 40 today, build date 8-28-67 and as we speak is getting an extreme makeover. I don`t have much history with this one yet but here`s me (2nd photo) circa 1974 with one of my Darts. This is a 68 383 A/T, one of four I had back then.

IM000311 (Small).JPG

scan0004 (Small).jpg

Do you have the license plate number? Sometimes you can get information that way..Does you dad remember who he sold it to?

Rick

No, unfortunately I have no paper trail. When the Car was sold in 83 that was it! I did know of a guy that own it at one time, He actually own it twice! He said it had a 360 and was running at time he sold it in 88 or 89... After that I have no trace of it! This was 1991 when I run into this Dead End! Who knows what happen to the old car.
I did call an insurance agent here in Elwood Indiana this past week inquiring about old files stuck away somewhere that might have some information. He said he would look to see what he has! I also plan to contact the main office and see if they might have an archive or something! I bet if I would have thought of this source back in 91 the chances of a finding a VIN number would have been good... Now since computers and things files have been tossed!

This green Dart (1st photo) turns 40 today, build date 8-28-67 and as we speak is getting an extreme makeover. I don`t have much history with this one yet but here`s me (2nd photo) circa 1974 with one of my Darts. This is a 68 383 A/T, one of four I had back then.

The Paddock has a Dart GTS similar to your 68 in thier show room in Knightstown IN.

-
Back