My Dart Swinger Project!

-
It was most definitely some type of contamination here is the same can of paint and its about 30 degrees out Today. Looks perrty!

20201202_132023.jpg

20201202_132105.jpg

20201202_132336.jpg

Cool temperatures will make the paint dry slow, and shiner.
Rainy temperature will jack everything up on paint.

Cool temperatures will make the paint dry slow, and shiner.
Rainy temperature will jack everything up on paint.
That must be what the problem was then it was 50s and rainy the other day. It wasn't raining when I painted but it had been and and started raining again shortly after

Normally humidity from rain, turns the paint cloudy grey color.

Here is where I'm at with my engine i just have a few small things to button up. I'm working on the alternator brackets right now. Gotta get the intake on and all the intake accessories and its ready to start getting it in the car.

20201201_234908.jpg

20201201_234916.jpg

20201201_201822.jpg

20201201_203428.jpg

20201201_203431.jpg

Leave it all off, more room to drop it in.
I even take the water pump and balancer off and then drop them in the car.

Leave it all off, more room to drop it in.
I even take the water pump and balancer off and then drop them in the car.
Yea im going to take it back off im just test fitting everything while it's out of the car to make sure all the belts and all that's gonna work. I figured it would be easier to troubleshoot outside of the car.

Yea them dogs are my shadow lol God knows I love them tho. You notice my flooring that they ruined? Lol
I do notice some discoloration lol. I see some dog kennels also. I’ve got a gate at my place, dogs stay in there area for the most part. Who knows what they do when I’m not home.

I do notice some discoloration lol. I see some dog kennels also. I’ve got a gate at my place, dogs stay in there area for the most part. Who knows what they do when I’m not home.
I did the peel and stick hardwood laminate flooring last July. They have peeled it up and chewed it. Lol I gotta go back and redo the entire floor now. They stay inside most of the time. I have the stay and play collars for when I'm not home. They sleep and eat in the kennels thats about the only time there in there if I'm off work they are wherever I am all the time lol. I have to feed them separately because Winston (aka dozer) the boxer will eat everyone else's food. And Marshall the big white mutt is very territorial with his food they will fight. Well its not much of a fight because dozer is a whimp! Haha

Looks like I'm gonna have to use the gaskets this is way to big of a gap to fill with rtv imo

20201202_160901.jpg

20201202_160844.jpg

The air cleaner isn't going to work with the offset but it sure looks damn good! I'm getting super excited. Its starting to become really real.

20201202_210321.jpg

20201202_210331.jpg

20201202_210336.jpg

20201202_210354.jpg

20201202_210404.jpg

20201202_210425.jpg

20201202_210428.jpg

20201202_205401.jpg

20201202_205415.jpg

20201202_205436.jpg

Well of course something had to happen to slow me down. I was getting the old exhaust studs out to put the new ones in (longer for the magnum) and on the very last one it snapped off. Ugh :BangHead: its recessed to deep the try and weld a nut on it. So I went ahead and drilled a hole in the center. I don't have an easy out small enough so I guess I will go buy one tomorrow and pray it works. Im a little concerned its not gonna as tight as it is stuck im afraid its just gonna break the easy out.

If you can, try to drill the hole to as close to the size of the broken stud as possible. A small easy out will only break off,leaving a bigger problem. Ask me how I know. Lol

Well of course something had to happen to slow me down. I was getting the old exhaust studs out to put the new ones in (longer for the magnum) and on the very last one it snapped off. Ugh :BangHead: its recessed to deep the try and weld a nut on it. So I went ahead and drilled a hole in the center. I don't have an easy out small enough so I guess I will go buy one tomorrow and pray it works. Im a little concerned its not gonna as tight as it is stuck im afraid its just gonna break the easy out.
While your buying, get some left hand drill bits. Many times as you step up in size, what's left of the bolt/threads will back on out with the drill bit. No easy-out required.

I want to know what the plan is to get the engine out of the house?

I want to know what the plan is to get the engine out of the house?
Im gonna roll it out the back door carefully. I have to do the front wheels first. Once I get it on the porch, I'm gonna back the truck up and cherry pick it off the porch.

-
Back