My Daughter Need Mechanic in Syracuse Ny. Help please

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Hi my daughter is a grad student at Syracuse university
She has a 07 PT Cruiser. A local guy here in Florida wired the electric fan direct to the ignition switch a yr ago. The car overheated today and she took it to Firestone. They said the wire is burned. That cost her $25. They won't just replace the wire. It had an inline fuse as well. They want $100 just to diagnose the car. Any suggestions??? Thanks. John. I don't know why someone just could not run another wire.

Any rigged wiring is bad.
Most likely cause is the thermo switch to turn the fan on was faulty to begin with.

If it was wired to run when the ignition is hot, it ran all the time and most likely overheated the motor on the fan and shorted the wire out.
Hopefully it did not hurt anything else.

Take it to a reputable mechanic, and have it fixed correctly.

Any rigged wiring is bad.
Most likely cause is the thermo switch to turn the fan on was faulty to begin with.

If it was wired to run when the ignition is hot, it ran all the time and most likely overheated the motor on the fan and shorted the wire out.
Hopefully it did not hurt anything else.

Take it to a reputable mechanic, and have it fixed correctly.

I appreciate your input, the problem is I don't know any good mechanics in Syracuse.....anyone out there know a good shop?????

Have her see Bob Vale @ G&B Auto Care on Old Liverpool Road. He's a Mopar Guy from way back. He is good friend of mine. Have her tell him that Joe K from Mooresville sent her to him.

-
Back